how many packs of newborn diapers?
i have 5 packs of newborn diapers and one value pack of 84...just wondering how long this is going to last me? i am tryin to avoid going to the store for awhile.
Well it really all depends on how your baby grows =) Don't worry if you need more then you can always send Daddy out to get them =) I hardly used newborn sizes but my boys were good sizes and ate like champs so they quickly grew out of them =)
Both my DD's were big babies (8lbs 14ozs, 8lbs 9oz) and were only in newborn diapers for about a week (only because I bought them and wanted to use them).  Size 1's were a better fit for them. I think you are good with the amount you have but I think you should pick up a pkg of size 1's as well.  I think it all depends on how big baby will be when he/she arrives.  
DS was born at 7lbs 10 oz and was only 10 lbs at two months, he ate well and grew in inches 21 to 24 at two months, but new born diapers fit on him until he was three months. I used size one for a long time too, and he flew from size three to size five and is still in size five at 21 months, weighing 30 lbs and 36 inches tall. He was always long and skinny until 5ish months and then he was a little chunky for a while and went back down at around 7 months when he was crawling and "cruising" (standing and walking holding onto furniture).
Its hard to remember back that far but I think Jazmine used 8-10 diapers a day so that will give you an idea of how fast you might go through them.

Jazmine was 7 Ibs 3 oz when born and had to use the premature baby diapers for 2 weeks.  Of course we didnt even consider that would happen but its easy to pick those up after you leave the hospital (most hospitals have a store where you can buy them from) "if" you needed them.
Logan is One month today and still in NB diapers....He was only 5lbs12oz at birth...I would figure about 8-10 diapers a day as well.....
Don't worry about it too much just get more than you think you would need (as many as you can store on the bottom of the changing table, maybe?) from a place that will let you exchange them...so when you have to move up to 1's you won't even have to buy new ones you can just exchange for the bigger size. I think my daughter was in newborns for about 2-3 months, and she was 7lbs6oz when she was born. If you account for 10 diapers a day (just in case) over a 31-day-month, and get enough for 3 months, you'll want somewhere around 900 diapers. (seems like a lot but it's really not, and the newborn packs come with quite a few.) You can buy a few of the nicer brands like Huggies or Pampers just in case baby has sensitive skin, but you can always buy the bulk cheaper brands and see how that goes.

Again just remember to get it from a store where you can exchange so when you move up in sizes it won't be a problem...and keep the receipts. :)
The big box of 92 diapers (for newborn) lasted me a week and a half. So I just got , last friday, 2 packs of 36 diapers each (still for newborn since the next category is too big for my girl) and just finished one and I'm beginning the other one today. Babies use sooo many diapers!
dh and i have twin boys...a case (yes...a case) of diapers lasts us MAYBE a week. when they were newborns it didn't last longer than a week. we'd go through 4 - 4 1/2 cases of diapers/month
I wouldn't buy anymore newborn size. It is better to have too many larger sizes than to have too many smaller ones that they grow out of really fast and can't use. We went through maybe 4-5 regular size packages of newborn diapers with my youngest.
Wait and see a) how big your baby is at birth and b) how fast he/she grows.  My youngest son is 11 weeks old...hewas 6lbs. 11ozs. at birth and we went through more NB diapers for him than his brother who was 7lbs. 6ozs. at birth.  DS no. 2 is now 11lbs. 11ozs. and has already outgrown the size 1 diapers!  We used the NB ones for about a month with him.
We have 3 packs of newborn diapers and im not gonna buy anymore until i see how big he is at birth (i have a feeling he's gonna be a chunker). But i actually didnt even buy any diapers...i had a diaper raffle at one of my showers where if people brought in a pack of diapers (with or without their gift) they could put there name in a drawing to win a cool prize (was a gift certificate). it was optional but everyone who came ending up bringing diapers and lots of them brought more than one pack and wipes too! we ended up with a TON of different size diapers and a crapload of wipes! if anyone is having a shower soon i totally recommend doing this...I was soo  glad my mom did!
I also really liked the diaper raffle because we ended up with every brand diaper under the sun...so now we can test em all to see which works best for our baby without havting to spend our out of pocket money on 20 different diaper brands that we may or may not like!
I would recommend having 1 weeks worth of NB diapers( about 60ish) and then get a box of size 1. I just feel that in the first week home you dont want to have to run out to buy diapers.
It all depends on the size of your baby. If the baby is smaller, they will be in the newborn size longer. I would get one box of the newborn and then see how they fit. No sense in wasting money because they might be too small. =)
According to Babies r Us chart this is an average of what most people use:
NB = 320 diapers
Size 1= 320 diapers
Size 2= 870 diapers
Size 3 = 870 diapers
Size 4 = 728 diapers
Chart stops at size 4 maybe this will help for everyone trying to stock up.