Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
i am 38 weeks pregnant and i have a pain in my lower right abdomen and ...

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

i am 38 weeks pregnant and i have a pain in my lower right abdomen and the top of my right leg.

ok. i am 38 weeks pregnant and i am having periodical pain in my lower right abdomen and my right leg, it is sorta in the fold where they meet. and my lower back is hurting too... it keeps happening and it is horrible. it is so bad it is bringing me to tears. i have been at the hospital all day in labor and delivery but they sent me home. they didn't examine me or check my urine and i have started hurting since i came home. i dont want to go back up there on a false alarm so i have decided to try this. this is my first time on this site. could it be contractions? i have tried a lot of things to get rid of this pain but NOTHING is working. for example: heating pad, ice, movement, nap, tylenol, etc. ... please help!!!
Well at 38 weeks those aches and pains that weren't really a big deal before are now. The baby has run out of room in there and is most likely putting pressure on certain areas causing a lot of the pains you feel. Do you feel any pressue in your vaginal area? Did L&D at least check to see if you are contracting? If it were contractions your entire belly would be getting hard along with some sort of discomfort. All I can say is you  are very close to delivering. I was in a lot of pain toward the end of my first pregnancy..I could barely walk anymore. I would just say try to rest, be sure to stretch and wait for baby!
I had what you are describing....I had it when I was 36 weeks Pregnant and it ended up being that my son was sitting right on my Sciatic Nerve and he was a very big baby! So with all that weight on my Nerve it felt like someone was stabbing the heck out of my leg and lower ab! It was only on my right side and it was the most pain I had ever felt! (until I gave birth...ha ha) but it was really horrible and it lasted an entire week! I couldn't walk, get off the couch, roll over in bed...I felt handicap. My doctor said all I could do was ice it, heat it, massage it and stretch it. Try to get the baby to move. Well he finally moved after a week, but until then, it was horrible. I was so miserable and in SO much pain!

Sorry to say there's nothing really to do if this is the problem your having..but find comfort in knowing you're so close to the end and your baby will be here before you know it and all your pains will be over!
veronica0808 commented on photo
hansen20 commented on photo
dianaexoh uploaded a new photo
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy