i did it!!
well exactly a week past my due date i gave birth to my beautiful baby girl on the16th...i have decided to breastfeed :)...at the hospital i had no problems besides my nipples becoming very very sore. i came home and when i woke up this morn my breasts were hard as rocks (even after i feed the baby) im scared they ill become clogged if i dont do anything about it....any suggestions, ideas, is this normal?
Congrats on your new little one...I would call your Dr I didn't breast feed my first so I would be no help I'm sorry :(
I have herd if ur breasts get really hard and feel clogged to pump if the babys not hungry and u can feed it to her later. Just make sure u pump regulary and they wont get clogged as much. Or feed regulary.
It's called engorgement, and it hurts like hell!!! Use ice packs to help with pain AFTER nursing, and use heat while nursing. So while your LO is nursing use a heated wash cloth and put it on your boobs, massage gently. Also get in the shower, let the warm/hot water do its work and hand express. Whatever you do, DON'T pump, it will make it worse!!
Don't pump!!! It will make your milk come in more, and make it worse. Her milk is just coming in, and pumping tells your body to produce more! And more means engorgement and more pain.
ty
got it....ty sooo much!! i feel like i got really big implants lol
Yes and that's totally normal! LOL. If you ever wanted to know what its like to have fake boobs, I imagine this is what its like! LOL
Hahah, mrsreeder2be, where were you when I breastfed?!?! I went through this and the only temporary relief I got was pumping more, so I did it over, and over and over, and ended up in so much pain i quit breastfeeding! I was pumping like 4ozs every 2 hours, within the first 2 weeks! Ridiculous. I agree though, it sounds pretty normal. Unless you're getting unusual lumps behind your nipples or hot spots on your breast, I wouldn't stress about it being a clogged duct.
i do have a bump up closer to my pit i think it may just be my gland. now do u agree to just let the baby feed on one side til they are done or switch after 15mins? and how long does the baby usually feed for?
Congratulations!
That sounds pretty normal, I'm sure it's a gland because I have those even now, and i'm pregnant (leaking, already..yay, haha!) and my doctor told me that it's just my glands. I personally just let my son feed on one side, then the next time he was hungry, he fed on the other side. But he was also harder to latch on, so switching when he wasn't done was just a ridiculous suggestion, haha!
how do i know if she is latched on good? i thought she was bc of the pain i was feeling but from the sounds of it pain means that shes not on the right way? i was told after a couple weeks the pain would subside but idk if i can make it :(
ty!! :)
Is it hurting when she latches on initially? It's hard to tell in the beginning, but my lactation consultant told me if it hurts she's not latching on right. She should have a lot of the areola in her mouth too, make sure she's not just latching to the tip of the nipple, she should have a good mouthful of breast in her mouth. The beginning can just be painful because your nipples are still sore from the hormones, and your nipples aren't used to breastfeeding, but if they're becoming really painful, I would ask someone about it. Is there a lactation consultant available for you at the hospital? Mine gave me a number of a woman I could reach about breastfeeding concerns, I'd call your hospital and ask, usually it's free and they'll come to you!
oooo see shes just latching onto the nipple part and that is all....no wonder it hurts so much lol....there is someone i can call i believe its a support group type program they have..i will give them a try...thank u so much for being so helpful!!!
Try to get her to take more of the areola into her mouth, that will definitely make it hurt less! Good luck breastfeeding, and congratulations!!
thank u!  :) :) :)