i had my baby at 24 weeks!
well last nite it was a really rough nite we had to make the decison to give birth, the fluid was lower and he was breached so i went in for a c-section at 1140 pm and he was born at 1205 am this morning....he surgery went really good, what im worried is about my baby....he weigthed 1lbs 7 oz, hes been in the NICU ever since and today it was the first time i could see him....i broke down in tears and just codunt stop crying, i feel so bad for him, i cant help him and i really did tried my best on keeping him in my belly, i dont know why this has happend to me, its like in 1 week my whole life just changed up and down, this is my first baby and im just so emotionally drained i dont know how long i can hold, im in pain i hurt everywhere im still in the hospital i finally started using the bathroom on my own and walking around a little, if everything goes well i should be out on sunday, and knowing i will be leaving my baby here its just so sad, my husband has been a really big support for me hes strong for me and the baby hes been taking care of me in everyway and i just feel so sad not being able to be there for both of my mens, when im usually the shoulder to cry now i need someones else shoulder to cry on, i never thought having a baby would be this emotionally and mentally challenged and i wonder why god is doing this to me?? is this a way to test him how strong i really am?? i worked so hard to finally have a family  i have always dreamed of having and now that i had finally reached the dream i feel like i have to fight for it........i just really hope my baby will make it im in tears as a write this i just need support from anyone whos been where ive been or even if you havent just knowing that someone is there listening to me is a really big help,
thank you so much and im really trying my best....keep me and the baby in ur prayers his name is GABRIELE GIUSEPPE PIO,
thank you,

-LM
I am so so so sorry to hear about this!  All of these girls have said everything so right. So I wont repeat it all..but I will tell you this...God doesnt give you more than you can handle. Stay strong! This is when you really need to be strong for that baby! You and your family and baby will be in my prayers. *hugs*
Let me be the first to say Congratulations, the birth of a baby is a maricle, your little guy may just need a few more. Be Strong! After you get over the inital shock and are home but going to the hospital everyday remember to take care of yourself--if there is a day that you are just too drained to go, stay home for a little bit...take care of the relationship with your partner (husband?) and remember that men deal with things a lot different then women.
You WILL get through this, You WILL bring your little boy home, You will be that family you worked so hard for
im sorry ur baby boy came so soon but he will make it hun and u will to!! your in my prayers!!!!
OMG well congrats on your new baby and I'm sure God will watch over him and he'll be a happy healthy baby....good luck
Keeping your family and Gabriele in my thaughts and prayers. God will watch over him and keep him safe. Sorry you had to go through this.
You and your family are in my thoughts..  be positive!!  
God is making you fight because your family is strong!  
we're all here for you.
i didn't read the other posts...  but i know that they are all supportive and loving towards you and your family!  i truely wish all the best for your baby and pray that he will be ok!  just know that he is in the best hands possible and God IS taking care of him, too!  

my last dd wasn't born early...  but she was taken from me at 2 days old and transported to another hospital to the nicu.  i know its hard not having your baby beside you.  just please trust in the Lord that everything will be ok!!!

and i know its way easier said than done, but please take care of yourself, too so you can be there in every way for him!

GOD BLESS YOUR FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry you are having to go through this.  May the Lord be with you and your little one and may He make you faith only stonger.  
I`m sorry and I can`t imagine how do you feel right now. But you should just pray for him and God will take care for him. I`m positive and I think Gabrielle is strong and he will be fine soon. Just don`t loose your hope. God bless you and your little boy.
Please hold on to faith ,  adawning4 that story is soo inspiring and beautiful I hope you get through this and bring him home in a couple of months, I saw many shows on Discovery where woman gave birth at your sons gestational age and they all survived , one woman had twin boys weighting the same as Gabe and they both survived it was a long journey but they pulled through had this been only 5 or 10 yrs back there would be no chance but the medical advancements today are incredible and most of all God will see you through what ever path he chooses to take you on, I pray for you and your new family a healthy and speedy journey home.
prayers for you and your baby and please have faith, with god's will your little baby will make it...
Sit and talk with your baby as much as you're allowed. If you are allowed to touch/hold him, then do it. The physical touch and your voice will help him to get strong.

And DO NOT beat yourself up about this. It is not your fault he came this early. I know you feel as though your body failed you, but right now you've got to focus on your little one and getting him stronger. ---HUGS---
Still thinkin of you all out there.. Hope things are still going the way they should.. God Bless and Good Luck.. Keep that chin up.
I hope your baby pulls through and keeps growing.  May God watch over you and your little one.
You and Gabrielle are in my prayers.  I'm so sorry you have to go through this.  
you are in my prayers... ill be thinking of you all... god bless you... xoxox
Sorry to hear about the very early delivery. Hopefully everything will be alright.
I wish you and your family the best of luck.
I thought about you all day yesterday during Easter, and just the significance of the day.  How Jesus died for our sins only to be resurrected so that we may have eternal life, and have it more abundantly!  I too have a Gabriel born early.  He was born at 30wks and had to stay in the NICU.  Just seeing him hooked up to all those machines with tubes everywhere was almost too much to bare.  When I 1st read your post I couldnt respond b/c I know all to well what you're feeling and then our boys having the same name was a bit much.  Then i realized that its just a sign letting you know that if my Gabriel made it through then your Gabriele is going to be just fine.  I wont tell you that it wont be touch and go and that it wont be hard b/c thats a lie.  Truth is you have a long road ahead of you, but the prize at the end of that rainbow will be the day you get to bring that little one home.  God took you to 24wks which is the point of viability for a reason.  That little angel was sent to you to enrich you and your family and to make you understand just what love and sacrafice is.  Be strong for him and not only that be good to yourself.  Being mommy is a full time job and we all need for you to be strong while you do your job.  We love you, and of course you're in our prayers and thoughts!
i hope all is well we are thinking of you
Has anyone heard any updates? I wish she would've left one of us with a phone number to be updated. Keep praying and in the meantime, help me bump this message.
wow..i wanna cry..(im a sap anyways) might heart goes out to you, your dh, and gabrielle. even though this may be hard to handle, you must know that GOD has a plan for you nad your family whatever it may be. dont give up hope.i wish you all the best and my prayers are being sent your way.
Hey guys still no news???, Cant stop thinking about her and Gabriele and her family!!! Hope they are doing ok!!!! Keeping her in my thaughts and prayers daily!!!
Just trying to keep this post "bumped"...hope to hear from her soon! We'll all keep praying for your family...
Still been thinking about her and Gabriele! I pray for them every night! Hope they are doing well! Bless her and her family!!!
My baby sisters were born by c section at 29 weeks, so I can imagine how scared you are for you precious angel. I will pray for him. My sisters both did well and I am sure your little guy will make it too. God bless you and your family. Hope to hear from you soon!!!! Keep us posted!!
Hi I am a NICU nurse, and I have seen many 24 week babies do well.  It will be a long road for you.  He will probably be there until the date he was due, as long as there are no complications.  Rest up and be there for him as much as you can.  Make sure you start pumping your milk because once they start feeding him breast milk is the best thing for him.. Good luck and keep us posted.
We're still thinking about all of you.  Can't wait for an update.  Hope all is well.  Lots of HUGS!
Hey guys sorry i havent been able to post any up-dates. This week has been the hardest one ever, im still in pain from my c-section and taking all these pain killers just so i can go see my baby at the hospital. We are staying at my parents till i get better, my days right now are waking up at 6 am..pump my breat..take a shower have someone drive me to the hospita..stay there till about 3 pm...drive back home...take a nap...call the hospital...help mom with dinner ..wait for my husband..call the hospital again and than to sleep.....The Baby has had his ups and downs this week, but hes been here for 1 week now and hes gained 1 ounce! hes struggling with the blood sugars levels and his on insulin just because they are giving him and iv that is full of sugars, protein and vitamins so he can gain calories and there fore gain weight!  Hes had already 2 blood transcusions (sorry sp?) they keep doing all these blood work everyday they keep poking his toes for the blood sugars and its so heart breaking to see that :(  and it seems like everytime i go his skin is getting worst, they say hes because right now they are touching him a lot and hes skin is so premature that it bruces just by touching, but it will get better. The dr. are telling me that inspite how premature he is hes doing really good. Hes oxygen level is 21% and i guess thas what we breath so hes doing really good with that. They had started feeding him my breat milk everytime was ok till he had his first bowl movement yesterday and it was a greenish color they think he might have an infection going on so just to make sure they stopped the feedings for now and are doing some x-rays i should get the results sometime today, he also got his first u/s of his brain late last nite so im waiting for those results too.
Right now its a lot for me to handle and im learning somenthing new everyday, i think if somenthing was really wrong with him the dr. would have already told me by now, dont you think?? im really trying my  best to stay postive and  i have a really supportive family, its just really sad right now when i go see him, because he dosent know that im there for him, hes been having a light on top of him for his jandeness (sorry sp?) but it should be out sometime today or tomorrow, i was told that he will be in the close box bed for at last 1 month and after that i will be able to hold him...i just wish this time would fly by fast and i cannot wait till the day i take my little man home!
I thank everyone here for thinking of me and being so supportive i have a long road ahead of me and im trying my best to be strong i need all the prayers and suppost i can get!
Thank you all again and i will keep an update as soon as i can!

-LM
Stay strong......my nephew and niece were both very early.  My nephew was born at 24 weeks and weighed 1 pd 6 oz.  He is now 13 and strong.  He is in karate and plays the drums like you wouldn't believe dispite the cerebal paulsy they "diagnosed" him with.  My neice was 2 pds.  and she too is great and going on 11.  So try to stay positive, because the positive energy is what he will feed off of, and it will help you too.  You and your family will be in my prayers.
Thanks you for your update, we are all thinking of you and Gaberille
So glad to hear baby Gaberille is hangin in there. He souds like a tuff lil' man. You hang in there too. God is craddling your little Angel in your absence. My prayers are still with you and your family. Keep us posted when he overcomes each and every obstacle....God bless.
OMG , you dont know how happy I am to see a post from you , I am really glad Gabe is doing so well, I hope you heal quiickly to devote more time to Gabe it must be so hard doiong what you are in pain. I will keep him and you in my prayers and copy this post for the others.
Stay strong for little Gabe! We are all here praying and thinking of you:) God is holding him in his arms untill your able to.
He's doing great, honey! I know you want him in your arms! If he can hear you through the bed, just keep talking to him. If you don't know what to say, bring some children's books with you and read them, especially the rhyming ones. Let him hear your voice!
congrats on the baby doing well, we're gonna keep praying for him, and in a few months you'll be taking him home!
LOVE & PRAYERS!
Thank you for the update. It is a very long road with a premie, but sounds like he is doing well. I am sure you will get to take him home in a few months.
The pain of the c section will subside soon. After a couple weeks you will feel almost normal again. You will be able to bend and move without hurting too bad.  
Our prayers are with you!!!

Hi, First I want to say that you are not  alone. I recently had my first child at 25 weeks. She was born at 1lb 10oz after being on bedrest for 2 and a 1/2 months. Prior to her I lost twins at 20 weeks.  I was terrified when I first saw her. I felt helpless and guilty along with so sad, and I cried before she was born and after. She had all of the CBC's and the wires they put in the naval area was slipping and causing eletrical impulses through her heart making her heart drop down to the 20's. Then when the doctors got it together and removed the wires but replaced them with the p.i.c line (PCVC) she caught 3 bacteria infections. Now, in both situations they told us "Oh, we haven't seen that before".....well i was a mess and I went everyday and stayed all day. But there was days I could not watch my baby go throught the pricking and ex-rays. BUT, to GOD be the glory I prayed in the morning in the eveings in my coming and in my goings. I mentioned GOD all throught that hospital. And now my "little Angel" in 32 weeks she has grown out of the apnea and desats. She is 3lbs 4ozs and gaining 1 to 2 ozs a day. I kangroo with her, sing to her , read to her and love her everyday. She looks at us, she recognizes both I and her father voice. She is starting to feed from a bottle and has been on no form of O2 for two weeks. So when I say you are not alone, you are not. She is still in the hospital and I hate leaving her. Your son is probably home now, remember to thank GOD and if he is not he will be.    God Bless you
VirtualLove, her original message was from March. Her son is at home now and doing well from what I hear!!! I hope that your little one gets home to you soon too!
Congrats on da baby. I will keep you in my prayers. With all the advanced technology these days, your baby has a great survial rate.  My nephew was born about 24weeks, weight was  1oz and was very transparent. He had 5 surgies b4 3 months of age, and im glad to say he is a healthy 4yr old active boy. Vent all you need, we are here for you.
my friend had a little boy at 28 weeks and he was 1lb10oz.  he was in the hospital for a couple of months, but now is a healthy 2 year old.  i will keep you in my prayers.
I can't tell you how bad I feel for your right now. you are in my prayers. as someone told me: even tho your situation is bad, think of those mothers who don't have theyre child right now. Youve been blessed witha living child.

I know it hurts to see your baby that way and not be able to do anything to help it. I know this because of my son who won't be out of the nicu for maybe 3more weeks or a month. They're gonna do a couple surgeries on him, one for a gtube and another for his heart.
if you need to talk just message me. I may not have the same situation as you but I do have a good idea of how it feels. The parents w/the baby next to me today got told that they're baby will HAVE to have a heart transplant sometime in his life and is about to undergo a serious surgery to fix his heart, one of 3. You know, Ive met probably about 5-10 sets of parents in this nicu that have had babies before 30 w and the babies are healthy and ALIVE and going home soon..... babies born that early hve a great survival rate these days.
You are not alone .... they had to induce my pregnancy at 24 weeks, unfortunately my baby girl couldn't be saved ...  and she looked so perfect. I also asked God many times why me, what did I do to derserve this. I recently had a miscarriage again so I'm feeling helpless and quite despondent. But all I can say is stay strong things will turn out the way you would like it to. I will keep you and ur baby in my prayers  .... !!
hey guys!
wow i dint even know this message was still around.
its been 5 months now....since all this happend to me...reading back this message i posted in march has brought me back a lot of memories...my little guy has been truly blessed giving a chance at life...ive been blessed...he was in the NICU for 111 long days..i thought the day he would come home would never come...but as of yesterday i scheduled his baptsim party...who would have ever thought about that...im amazed on how well hes doing...this week will be his last week on 02! YAY! we are finally getting rid of that....i coudnt be more excited...hes now just about 10 lbs!! hes the love of my life...the reason why i breath everyday....my life has changed soo much since he came into the world...ive learned to look at things in a different prospective than i  used too....god is good!!! just keep thinking positive and keep your faith up...god will make sure our little fighters will be allright!

my Gabe had a lot of issues being born soo premature...but in the 111 days in the NICU he dint have any surgerys! just recently he had to have a laser eye surgery but my drs. keep tellling me thas not consider a surgery since its laser and they are not cutting anything...they call it a treatment...he eventually will need surgery down the line..but thas just to repair a ingunal hernia...which even FT babys can get...and its a very common surgery...so im sure hell pull of of it just fine!
other that than...hes just a newborn baby...who sleeps and eat...and now smiles at mommy!! the best thing in the world!

i wish everyone luck with all their babys....and if anyone needs anything even someone to just talk...im here!

~hugs~

Games Mommy <3
i love your story!  it is so beautiful and brings tears to my eyes.  your little boy is an angel and he is lucky to have you as a mommy to love him.  i'm really glad things are going so well for you.
Im sorry to hear what your going through my daughter was also born at 24 weeks weighing in at 1lb 6oz. Today she's 3 years old and doing great. This is not gods punishment to you but it is actually more of a blessing to watch your baby at how small he is now and watch him grow and eventually come home. It was so amazing to walk in the NICU and see that my daughter was on less oxygen or just moving forward to coming home. The road will be tough at times like my daughter had to be moved for eye surgery because she had ROP ( an eye problem for premature babies) but she sees fine and the surgery also went fine. There will be setbacks when one day you will walk in and they baby will seem to be doing worse then they day before but I assure you he's going to be ok. Please keep your head up and be strong. If when you go home you are worried about your baby you can call the NICU at anytime and you can also go to the NICU anytime. Im going to leave my e-mail for you and you can e-mail me whenever you have a question since I went thorugh this with my daughter and brother who were born prematurely so Im pretty aware of what goes on. I wish you the best of luck and all my blessings for you and your baby.

***@****
This is an old post....a year old...Gabrielle is by God's grace healthy and a big boy....look at the album of Want2bmamma
very happy to know that your girl has grown big now and have been through life's toughest challenges. God bless her and you to be strong through all this
I don't believe in the same god as everyone seems to believe in on this post, but I believe the way the gods and goddesses work is that they won't put you through anymore than what they think you can handle.

Keep strong and if you fight for your baby, your baby will fight for you as best he can.

My sister in law had her daughter at I think she said 24 or 26 weeks, I'm not sure, but I know it was around the same time as you and Isabelle is a healthy 8 year old girl now.
When she was born my MIL said she was transparent and didn't even have any elbows or knees. And the docs kept telling her she wasn't gunna make it-
but she did.

Don't keep your thoughts grim.
Everything happens for a reason and this experience will make you and your baby stronger than ever.
sis i know da cituation uve been through,just hold on love ur son will be okay,ill put u in ma prayers.dont be so hard on ur self