Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
i stopped taking the pill and now i have a super heavy flow

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I had an allergic reaction to the pill after being on it for about a year, so i stopped taking it. but when i stopped i had just gotten off my period and started taking the pills again then i stopped. i took about 4 days of the 28 day active pills and then stopped. i got my period a day later and it is super heavy. has anyone else experienced this too? when did you get your next regular period? is it normal to have 2 periods so close together? I dont think its healthy and i didnt even think it was possible!! thanks for any help!
When I stopped birth control, I didn't get my period one month, and the next month I got 3 periods. All lasting a 3-5 days. I phoned a nurse about it, she said it could be something which I honestly can't remember what it was. The next month I had a normal period and became pregnant, but unfortunately miscarried.

I was on the pill for 6 years, and I honestly believe your body is just trying to figure out how to get back to normal. Might take a few months. You should see your doctor though just to be safe.
hansen20 commented on Belle313's status
Hollus commented on veronica0808's status
Hollus commented on renae176's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy