Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
ingrown hair?

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

ingrown hair?

Hi, I just have a couple of questions and i will try to be as descriptive as possible.  I had this red bump appear close to my vagina opening of course i picked at it because i didnt know what it was and it starting bleeding and it kind of scared me because i am pregnant so i went to the dr and she said that it didnt show any classic signs of herpes but since i was pregnant she was going to go ahead a culture it to be on the safe side.    Well i went home and started doing some warm compresses on it because i know that warm compresses will help bring the hair or hairs to the service.  I did that now for two days and i had my husband get down there and look at it and he said you could barely see these couple ofhairs poking out of the center of it.  So i got the tweezers and he pulled out three hairs from it, one was really long and the other ones were a bit smaller.  I have never had anything like this before.  No more have appeared, it doesnt really look like a blister, no pus or anything has really came out of it just that first day that it bled because i was picking at it.  
So i guess my questions are, to herpes lesions have hair in them?  I have been told that herpes do not bleed...this one bled, is it true that they dont bleed?  Could this just be a infected hair?  Oh another thing is that it is not painful, sore or anything, i wouldnt have even known it was there if i wouldnt have felt it.  I do shave on occasion but since my belly has gotten big i cant see to shave and i have been letting all the hair grow out.  Please help, im worried.
Avatar n tn
Hello, it could be an ingrown hair.  It could have been just a skin irritation or pimple.  I don't think herpes have hair in them, they are more like a wart i believe.  I am sure your dr. will get back to you with the results and you will be fine.  If you are further then 10wks, i am sure they did all kinds of test and would have known by now about other possible STD's etc.  So good luck, i bet you will be fine!    :0)
KTowne commented on Des_a_rae's status
1 hr ago
stacey10 commented on stacey10's status
KTowne commented on renae176's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy