Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
is there help for a bicorniut uterus??

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

is there help for a bicorniut uterus??

i have a bicorniute uterus and i keep having misscarriages..i dont have a doctor right now so im here to ask for help/advice!! is there a surgery for my bicorniute uterus? because i keep getting pregnant in the wrong uterus and so i keep loosing my babies :( is there a surgery or any type of procedure that can help me become pregnant in my bigger uterus so i can carry the baby into full term???
If the uterus is simply divided by a septum, the septum can be removed in an ultrasound-guided D&C.  It is not in fact that complicated a procedure.  Given that you have had miscarriages, I'm surprised your ob-gyn has not suggested it.
i do not have a obgyn i go to free cliniques for my ultrasounds and check ups bcuz i dont have a personal doctor and ive had my misscarriages in the e.r one time n at home the other...i havnt seen a obgyn for any of my pregnancies i was told by the doctors i was seeing that i dont need to until im about 7-8 months
Don't even know where to start.  

Prenatal care is important, any doctor who told you that you don't need to be seen until 7 to 8 months -- well, either you misunderstood him or he was a doctor who disagrees with the whole medical profession on this.  

If you are having continual miscarriages, you really need to be assessed by a doctor, not just going to free clinics and ERs.  Although a bicornuate uterus could cause a miscarriage, it often doesn't, and you want to know why you had miscarriages.  It could be anything from an undiagnosed infection to chemical exposure to about a hundred other possibilities.  I wouldn't just blame it on the bicornuate shape of your uterus -- there might be some other simpler reason.  

If you don't have medical insurance, how do you expect to handle the costs of pregnancy and delivering a baby?  It's not like there are free clinics for obstetrics.
Please stay on birth control until you get the medical insurance thing figured out, and have a regular ob-gyn who can manage your case.  It's just going to be a huge nuisance, not to mention a massive financial exposure in case anything happens that is complicated, if you don't have good coverage for you and the baby.
Prenatal care is important, and you need to be seen by an OB/GYN throughout your pregnancy. Also, lots of women have gotten pregnant and had healthy full term pregnancies with a bicoruate uterus. The problem, from what I have understood, is when the embryo implants too close to the septum. The only other problems that have been associated with a bicornuate uterus is incompetant cervix, intrauterine growth restriction, and preterm delivery, and increased need for c-sections. However, in my opinion, before you get pregnant again you need to be seen by an OB/GYN and inform them of what's going on so that they can confirm you have this problem. Then they will be able to tell you what steps need to be taken in order to have a successful pregnancy. The problem that you get into with free clinics is that they are usually just GP's and don't specialize in any particular branch of medicine.
KeeLolo Well I think it's back to t... Comment
40 mins ago
hansen20 new bump picture up! I have... Comment
hansen20 uploaded a new photo
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy