is wellbutrin safe for my baby?
I have moderate depression and generalized anxiety disorder. My psychiatrist refused to give me any meds because i'm 10 weeks pregnant. I called and cried to my OB/GYN and he prescribed Wellbutrin 200 mg/ day and Buspar 30 mg/day. It is EXTREMELY hard for me to function (work, take care of my other children, wifely duties) especially with the physical symptoms of my anxiety and depression. I am scared that the wellbutrin will harm my child but my pregnancy has made my depression and anxiety worse and if I don't take care of myself, i might not have a relationship or a stable family left at the end of my pregnancy ... any advice? does anyone have any experience with wellbutrin and health problems with their infants? or know of anyone like that? i'm tired of reading statistics on the matter.
When the benefits outweigh the risks then it is considered "okay" to take during pregnancy. Anytime you are in doubt about medication you can call your local pharmacist and discuss it with them. They can't tell you to take it or not but they can talk to you about the drug's classification and whether it is safe to take while pregnant.

Most drugs have no known effects during pregnancy because it would be unethical to test drugs on pregnant women to study the effects.
I was prescribe wellburtan XL during my last 3 pregnancies. My doctors told me it was safe and better to keep taking my meds through out my pregnancy. I choose to stop my meds while pregnant just because I didnt want to chance anything. But then again, I refused to take the meds for MS too or any other kind off pill that wasnt a vitamin.  But with any antidepressant you arent supposed to just stop taking the cold turkey. I weened my self and just dealt with life for those 9 months. Everything I have read says its safe but there hasnt been enough research done yet. But if you NEED them to function I would discuss the pros and cons with your doctor. Maybe you could take with a phycologist?? I coulda used that, lol! Good luck!!