klebsiella pneumoniae during pregnancy
my vaginal culture test results came out with the infection "klebsiella pneumoniae"
I am completing my 11 week pregnancy. My doctor prescribed me Keflex eventhough I am allergic to
penicilin. Is it curable completely? How does it affect my baby? is it ok to take Keflex at this time?
I am really concerened about my condition.

Please provide your valuable suggestions.. Thank you.
I don't know much about klebsiella pneumoniae, but I have bacterial vaginosis and was prescribed 2 different antibiotics to try to get rid of it. As far as I know, I think I still have it though. In my case, I started having pre-term labor symptoms and I'm now on bedrest. Sometimes certain infections can cause this, but other times a woman can have it and have a normal pregnancy with no complications to the baby.
If your doctor prescribed it to you, he must think it's safe for you during this time. Did he discuss any other options with you or the risks or benefits? It's probably best to call and ask them your concerns
.
Here is what I found about Keflex:
Keflex (cephalexin) is considered a pregnancy Category B medicine by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This means that the drug has not been studied in pregnant women. However, when studied in pregnant animals, Keflex showed no negative effects on the fetus.

If it were me, I would call the doctor with your concerns and hopefully they can put your mind at ease.