lortab while pregnant
Hey everyone im 32 weeks pregnant today and i was just put on lortab 7.5 mg for severe mid and lower back pain and leg pain. I feel very guilty for taking it but it has helped a lot. I just know that its affecting my baby boy Jamin and it makes me want to cry. but im afraid if i dont take it and get relief that my stress that ive been having from the pain may affect him also. I just wanna do the right thing. I literally can barely walk my back and legs hurt so bad. i just wanted anyone that was on pain killers during their pregnancy to share their thoughts and experiences with me, thank you!

I was also on lortab at the beginning of my pregnancy for a cyst that was giving me severe back pain. They put me on lortab 10mg. I only had to take it for about 2-3 weeks.
Lortab is alright when pregnant. You shouldn't worry about it too much. I currently take Norco which is 10mg of hydracodone, 325mg of tylenol and i have to take 2 of them every 6 hrs, which is a rather high dose and stronger than the Lortab you take. But i'm not worried about it and neither are my doctors. I've got a lower back injury and severe pain.

Your under a doctors care, so take the medication like your supposed to. Don't let yourself suffer out of worry because if the doctors were that worried about it they'd never prescribe it.

Class C meds like Lortab require the Benefits to you to outweight the risks, which are potential depressed breathing if taken right before birth, and if on it long term (like 8w or more) some dependancy, but both issues can be EASILY cared for in the hospital if they occur. For you benefits would be a quality of life, be able to move around without hurting so much.

I spent 5 full months on vicoden, similar to your Lortab (about the same strength) and my son was born fine, no dependancy no depressed breathing, he was a month early and had holes in his heart related to him having down syndrome so nothing to do with meds. And he still breathed nearly perfectly!!!
thank you so much for responding...i just wish i didnt have to take it, but i def do trust my doc!
No problem. :) If I had my way I wouldn't have to take anything either, but I have  no choice. I went for over 24 hrs today and yesterday with no pain medicine and it was H*LL. I finally got my insurance to approve it, and got relief. It was so much better. I can't wait til the day when I can feel normal like this (with the pain medicine) without taking anything, or doing anything special or worrying about throwing my back out.
i cant wait to feel normal either. i have back pain with out being pregnant.  I have s buldging disc in my lumbar region and ive been able to go a long time with out pain meds, but since i got pregnant its just made it worse! Hopefully it will go back to what it was after i have my baby!