meconium testing for drugs (marijuana)
I am currently 37 weeks pregnant, I am involved with the catholic children's aid society. I have done hair strand tests and a urine test previously, which came out negative. I admitted to CCAS  smoking marijuana but I said the last time was in April 2011, but I  did smoke up at least 5 times last month sometime in  September  (in small doses). I'm due November 30/11 and the society will be testing my unborn baby's first poo. Would the marijuana  show up in my baby's stool?. When the hospital test the baby, does the hospital then test me? ( I want to be tested as well). The  society said I have a 90% chance of keeping my baby and bringing her home but the society wants to see the test results first,  I'm not an addict just a recreational user.
Not trying to be mean but the hospital will test ur baby &if they find something they'll test u if it comes to that point there is a very slim chance u'll get to take ur baby home not sure if it'll b in ur babies poop though
Unfortunately there is no way we can advise what tests are performed or what actions are taken.  On your profile you have that you are in Canada, so the formality may in fact be completely different from the formality performed here in the United States.  And because you are working with CCAS and were honest about your usage with them as well may have an impact.  We certainly hope you continue to have a healthy pregnancy.
Good point, Meilena!

In my experience, if they test the meconium, then yes your usage will show up. From the research I've done (studying the companies that actually DO the meconium testing) 20 weeks prior to delivery is approximately the time frame that meconium tests can read...so anything from about 15-20wks of pregnancy to delivery should be considered likely to show up on a test.

I don't know what the society is, but if your OB knows about this my guess would be that you would be OK - I obviously can't guarantee, but from what I've seen in the past, if the doctor delivering you knows about the drug use, and the drug use is not CURRENT...generally they won't get you into trouble. After all, a pregnant woman is still a human, super human, but still human! But you need to tell them about your more recent usage; if they test the meconium, it will show up.

best of luck..with drug use, honesty is the best policy for everyone...try not to worry, OK? just be completely honest and try to enjoy the rest of your pregnancy - it will go by SO fast!
I know someone who was taking pain pills while pregnant and it showed up in her blood tests they tested the baby at birth and it was positive. They allowed her 2 take her baby home but child services comes 2 her home now
The weed will show up in your baby's poop regardless of when the last time you smoke was..  
On that note, it is different where everyone lives but I dont know of people going to jail for this kind of stuff..

I worked for a Childrens Aid Society in the past and I can tell you from my experience, it is not an automatic loss of your child if you test for drugs especially a drug like marijuana.  It is still a harmful drug and its not good to use.. im not condoning it.  It is good that the society is aware that you have used it so it wont be a surprise when its there..   I dont think the hospital tests you as well unles the Society requests that then you might have to do a urine test..  My understanding is marijuana stays in your urine for 30 days sometimes more.. but can be found in your hair pretty much in definitely until it grew out....  but dont quote me on any of this...

You might want to be honest with the society again.  It can make a difference... I worked with a mother who had a slip with cocaine and she did not lose her baby... She did have regular visits and things like that but the slip didnt cause her to lose the baby..

On the note, from my experience, the society doesnt normally get involved with people until the baby is born..  Since they are already involved with you then it could mean there are other factors other than the marijuana use that could be coming into play.. Im not saying you are doing somethign wrong but they have red flags they look for all the time.. For example, a youth who is homeless, who is using marijuana is far more likely to get involved with CAS than a married adult who has used a couple times.. Because things like age and housing status are red flags to them..

But I know a youth here who smoked weed her whole pregnancy, CAS was involved before the baby was born.. her baby went home with her and still is with her...

Once again, I am not condoning your actions just being realistic with you...  Its time  you put your baby first and make some changes if you want to make sure you keep her.  Obviously, there is risk your baby wont go home with you as they have alreayd said that.. But I think it all depends on where you live because generally CAS goal is family perservation so they will try to work with the parents to start but you need to be honest with them because if not, they are going to wonder what else you might be hiding..

I wanted to post because i feel the other posts were very grim and there is a chance it could go either way but the drugs will definietly show in your babys poop
Grim? I think you and I said much the same thing :-)
Im from Canada as well.. and Im assuming if you are talking about a Catholic CAS then chances you are from the Greater Toronto area...  When I worked at CAS it was in Ontario .. so if you are from the GTA then the policies between the agencies are the same.

Once again, it is good that you are being honest with them and you should continue to be.. Because the more cooperative you are, the more likely it is they will not take you baby.  If they take it, you will most likely have home visits and probably drug testing for at least 6 months.. may need to be involved in parenting classes...

With CAS, there are multiple outcomes but I can tell you the legislature that govern their work takes into account the best interest of the children and the least restrictive means possible.  Taking the child is the last goal.. and just so you are aware, if they do want to take the child...  It doenst have to go to foster care, you can identify some family members you want to have her during the investigation and the society will decide if its a safe option.  You will also have visitation rights..  They would be supervised but generally 3 or more a week, soemtime they do daily visits with newborns..  You also have the right to pump your breast milk and have the foster parent give it the baby....
in the 2nd paragraph on my last post, it should say "If they dont take it, you will most likely have"

sorry for all the post but i know how stressful these things are so i just want to make sure you are well informed with information that is relevant to your area.
I live in Indiana, both me and my son tested positive for thc, and they DID NOT take my baby. I took him home 2 days later, they came an visted us and gave us additional drug screenings but they closed the case out in 30 days and even told me "WE WILL NOT TAKE YOUR BABY OVER MARIJUANA"