miscarrage
I have had back to back miscarrages and now getting ultrasounds once a week... I am 9 weeks pregnant.... My question is that will the doctor tell me if I have a incompitant cervix or will I need to ask him to look for that? I just do not want cervix to open knowing that there is things to do to try and prevent it like Cerclage.  I was also told today at my ultrasound that the placenta was growing in front off cervix and it should/might move where it should be.   What if it does not move... Is there still a big chance that a miscarriage won't occur due to this?
From what I understand, the doctor's won't do a Cerclage until the 2nd trimester.  If a miscarriage is going to happen in the first trimester, it needs to happen.  And I don't beleive an incompitant cervix can be blamed for 1st trimester miscarriages either.  Having said that, I do believe that your doctor is - or should - be looking at your cervix during your ultrasounds to make sure there isn't a problem.  But better safe than sorry - I would ask at your next appointment, just to make sure.

As far as the placenta being in front of the cervix (placenta previa) this won't be an issue until you go to give birth.  If the placenta is still in the way, they will do a c-section.  I don't believe the location of the placenta changes your chances of a miscarriage one way or the other.

I'm sorry for your losses and I pray that this pregnancy continues without any complications!  Good luck!!