mommies with bby boys!
I just had my bby boy and want to circumcise him but im scared that it will hurt him :( ... how did yur bby heel? Did they put the bby to sleep?  Was it easy to change his diaper? Im srry for askin alot of question im just scared that my bby would be im in pain
It not bad at all my boys only cried for a few seconds. If they put the bell on him all you have to do is clean it with water. If they do it the other way it will bleed a bit so put vasaline on a peice of goze. When he pees and he'll be fine. They dont put him asleep but they do give him some numbing medicine down there. Dont worry hes not going to be to cranky after he'll probably just go to sleep.
Aye i was thinking of doing that to my son but when i went to birthing classes they showed up a pic totally changed my mind it looks horrible like they would be in a lot of pain.  don't want my son going through that when hes just come out to the world.
Thanks @Searra i hope everything goes fine i thought they would it on the hospital bur they told me thet do it in the pediatric "/ ... @1sttmommie: I know i feel the same just saw a vid in youtube  nd thats why i got scared but the bby wasnt crying , it would help my bby in the future so im doinv it
I was torn as to whether or not to circumcise my son so I did the logical thing. I researched it as much as possible. Only 50% of the males in the US are circumcised so my advice is to make SURE its what you want to do.

We opted against it and are very happy with our choice. If he decides later in life, even as an adult, that he wants it done, we agreed we'll pay for it. We're leaving that up to him, though.

The foreskin is the most sensitive part of the male body and is the equivalent of the female clitoris. It's supplies healthy cleansers to the tip and is NOT DIRTY!! My son is 10 months old and has never had an infection. When they're born, it fuses to the head to protect it and their urine, being sterile until it hits the air, naturally cleans the skin out. You never have to push the skin back to clean it and actually shouldn't because the skin is completely fused to the head until they're about 8 or 9.

I'm begging that all parents of baby boys research and make an informed decision before removing the most sensitive part of their child's body workout their consent. It is an entirely unnecessary operation that causes more complications than anything. Circumcision serves absolutely no purpose other than religious preference and there are many men, my husband included, that are upset that their parenta

They're made that way for a reason!!
Parents had them circumcised*

Don't know why part of that sentence disappeared.
I got 4 boys and havent had any problems with it at all. Not even fever. Its just scary because you havent seen it. Trust me after a couple of minutes he'll be fine. Talk to your peditrican so you can have peice of mind. DONT WATCH ANY MORE VIDEOS!! Lol those freak everyone out. Lol
I had both my boys circumcized and if #3 is a boy then he will be as well. My first son had the plasti-bell circ method, which healed cleanly and very quickly and didn't seem to cause him much pain beyond the first day or two. My second son had the basic circ and it took a little longer to heal and he seemed to have a few days more of pain than my first son. If you can request the plast-bell method, I'd highly recommend it. I'll be requesting it for my third if he's a boy.
During the procedure, the baby is not put to sleep. They get a local anesthetic to numb the area.
I didn't see the procedure done on either of my boys, so I don't know if they cried during the cutting or not, or even if they got a local anesthetic. Both hospitals just took them to the nursery and the next time I had them brought back for feeding and mommy care time, they were circumcized.
During the healing process, you simply need to be sure it's cleaned up gently and apply petrolium jelly (vaseline). It should heal up completely within 7-12 days.
No offense to any moms every one can choice whats best for there baby but I choose too.
@GoBrandi: Thanks im going to research
I want to apologize if I offended anyone in any way. Its entirely your choice. I just personally think it should be an informed choice.
I used to work in ob and helped with and saw many circumcisions. It really looks worse than it actually is. Most babies cry for a few seconds, some don't even cry at all. After watching other babies, I felt much better about having my son done. Id rather do it then have to worry about cleaning and infections. But u just have to do whatever u feel is best
Really good sites to get unbiased, unpropagated research and facts are from the CDC and WHO.
Thanks to all :D  .. i will stop watchin vid lol .. i would research but still have in mind circumcise him ..
Wow, okay typo in my last comment. Not unpropagated, lol. I meant non-propagandized. :-P
@AHP84: Lol
One last thing that was a big deal for me: my son has never peed on me! Lol not having him circumcised, the foreskin covers the head and keeps it warm while I change him, so the cool air doesn't hit it and make him go.

If he did happen to pee while being changed, his peepee was pointing down, whereas circumcision makes the head point straight up toward mommy and daddy lol
I got peed on acouple of times ill admit it lol. And my son peed right in grandmas face once lol it was hilarious. That doesnt last long though just shield it with a wipe.
They have these adorable things called peepee teepees at some baby stores lol a little fabric cone with little bears or cowboys. So cute. Got 3 at my baby shower and never used them so I'm giving them to my sister in law when she has her son in 10 weeks.
Jhahaha :D .. those things never pass twice
Lol peepee teepees. x-D
I just put a newborn sized sock over my boys until they were used to diaper changes, lol.
Jhaha omg a sock lol ... my bby has peed already on me "/  ... now wen i change him im like dnt pee on mommy now yu hold it for a few seconds nd change him on a bink of an eye lol