Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
mucus discharge. almost looks like yellow snot... should this be a con...

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

mucus discharge. almost looks like yellow snot... should this be a concern?

I am 24 weeks pregnant and when I just went to the bathroom there was a snot like discharge on the paper after I wiped.  It was yellow and looked to have the same consistency of a mucus substance... It may have been a little thicker.  This is my second pregnancy and I just don't remember having this same discharge with my first son.. I know every pregnancy is different, so I just wanted to know if I should talk to my doctor or be concerned or if this is relatively normal.
Its normal i didnt no what it was with my second pregnancy cause i didnt have it at all with my first. Thats when i learned what a mucus plug was and u can lose it threw out ur whole pregnancy.
Oh. Good to know... I didn't know it could be lost at anytime, I thought it was just at the end of your pregnancy.  Thanks for the help!
It can normal as long as it doesn't have a bad odour. If it does have an odour then it could be a bacterial infection and would need treated. It's also possible it be a yeast infection, but you would know if it was that or not because you would most likely become sore of itchy 'down there'.
Yeah, no smell or discomfort down there, but this morning I woke up with cramps.
Cramps can be normal. They can also be a sign of  UTI etc so if you're concerned maybe talk to your doctor or midwife just so they can check you out.
KTowne commented on veronica0808's status
1 hr ago
KTowne, and hansen20 commented on KTowne's status
1 hr ago
KTowne, hansen20, Hollus, and Shannon79 commented on KTowne's status
1 hr ago
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy