no fetal pole at 5wk 2 days
I am 5weeks and 3 days pregnant today. I had a miscarriage blighted ovum last year, so keeping that in mind, yesterday, I went to the doctor for an early ultrasound scan.
The doctor said that the sac and yolk sac are seen but the fetal pole and heartbeat are still not seen. The sac is 0.4cm and measures 4weeks and 2 days. It was 5weeks and 2 days according to my LMP. They asked me to come back in 2 weeks for a repeat scan.

Also my beta HCG was 2891.

I am a little concerned, is the sac size ok for this far along?
And what is the earliest I can see a heartbeat?
The earliest heartbeat seen is approx six weeks however it can be closer to seven. Early on you must keep in mind that baby could have taken more time to implant or you could have ovulated earlier or later than what is guessed based on your LMP especially if you have irregular cycles. So I'd say it sounds like you are on the right track for a happy and healthy nine months. For sure go back in two weeks. Early on ESP that early you don't see much but in two weeks hopefully you will see a heartbeat and then you probably will feel a bit more relaxed :). Best of wishes
I was told initially i was about 7 weeks along almost based on my lmp then when I went for my ultrasound it showed I was only about 5 1/2 weeks. There was also no heartbeat visible yet. This is my first pregnancy but things seem to be progressing normally so I think since your situation sounds similar to mine you should be fine. good luck to you :)
thank you.. m hoping that my next scan shows me a cute peppy heartbeat! i trying not to think much for now...
hey.. thanks for the reassurance.. how far along are you now? and when did you first hear the heartbeat? Since my scan is behind by one week, they asked me to come at 7.5 weeks by LMP..
Hon, I wouldn't stress too much about it.... IDK why Dr's do that crap....They give you an ultrasound that early just to freak you out! I understand that they want to make sure its a viable pregnancy and not ectopic, but to tell you that your baby has no heartbeat when they know that a heartbeat is not visable until at least 6 weeks 6 1/2. I wouldn't worry too much about it hon until your further along. Are you having any symptoms ? I wouldn't stress too much about it as this is baby's most crucial time to grow... Just take it easy and think of it this way.. As long as your still having symptoms of pregnancy, then baby is healthy and growing just fine which means your pregnancy is viable. Keep me posted hon and congrats!
I'm also waiting to go back at 7 weeks.. I'm very anxious but I'm hopeful that all is well. I've been so nauseous all through the days lately so I think everything is going fine.
you're right.. its probably too early to start worrying! :-)
but then.. another thing thats bothering me a bit is that I have no nausea, no morning sickness :(
I have a good appetite and never throw up..!!! Is that normal? The only symptoms I have are: sleepy during the day time, and sore breasts.. I still do feel crampy sometimes in my abdomen like AF cramps.. :(
is it ok to not have nausea and morning sickness? I am trying to stay positive though. Thanks for posting!
thats such a nice attitude :-) congrats to you! Hope all goes well with us.. we seem to be quite close in our dates..!