pain pills, VERY WORRIED
Hi my name is Beth and my sister in law is 6 months pregnant and is abusing pain pills. Her and my brother have been addicated  to them for some time. I am very worried about her and my nephew, she has no perscription for them and I am just wanting some information for her. Is this hurting the baby? Can they take the child when its born with this in its system? Will she go to jail? I dont know what to do!!! Any advice you have would help!! Thanks!!
The baby will most likely have a dependency to them if she has been taking them for the whole time. I'm not sure that take away the baby but if I was you I would alert someone to her abusing pain pills while pregnant since it is very possible that they might be able to do something.
pain pill can hurt any baby, as well as her...i guess it depends on what she is taking. I know that tylenol is ok to take when you are pregnant...but im assuming you are talking about like vicoden or something along them lines...the whole taking the baby and jail thing...thats something you would have to talk to local law enforcement about or maybe someone on here will have experience with that and will be able to shed some clearer light on it...sorry im not much help.. but yes, she is hurting her child and herself
If she is taking anything stronger than a regular pain pill than the chances are extremely high that the baby will have some kind of dependancy for them.  It is just like when a woman abuses alcohol or drugs when she is pregnant - it can cause severe dependancy for the baby.  Also, now I don't know exactly where you are located but I am in Canada and yes they could very well take the baby away if she is deemed to be an unfit mother - which in the case of abusing a non-prescribed drug such as pain pills during her pregnancy would definitely be cause for concern.

The bottom line is that she is definitely hurting herself and that unborn baby.  It might not hurt to try and intervene before the situation becomes anymore out of control and damage is done that cannot be reversed!!