Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
pcos

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

pcos

can you develop PCOS AFTER HAVING A BABY naturaly without any medical help. My periods just start messing up in January and i am scared b/c i gained weight i have pcos i gained 30lbs over the past 4 months b/c of stress causing me to miss my period in jan and in april could i have pcos????
I'm really confused. Why would someone deliberately do something to cause PCOS? Yes, it is a natural occurring problem and can happen after having a child. This is known as secondary infertility when you develop fertility problems after conceiving.

PCOS is a complex issue that causes many symptoms. The only way to be diagnosed is to see a doctor. You'll have a blood test, a glucose test (3 hr) and a vaginal sonogram to view your ovaries.

PCOS can cause you to stop ovulating.
okay bc i was scared i might have devolped it bc my periods are no longer starting
It's possible to develope it at any point, and even if you have had children! I have 3 children and was diagnosed with PCOS in Oct up until then i had never had any problem with my periods, but have had cysts on my ovaries before! I got pregnant again in Nov with no medical assistance, having PCOS does not mean everyone who has it has trouble concieving it is just more common when you have PCOS, there are many reasons to skip period though, you should talk with your Dr about it and they can do a blood test to find out for sure. They think I actually had it since before my second baby, based on an ovarian ultrasound they had done back then, but was never diagnosed back then! Good luck
Visit your doctor to find out what is going on. Not having regular periods is definitely a concern that something may be going on! Good luck!
I got a appt tommorow wishe me luck
melandjae is ... Comment
1 hr ago
KeeLolo, and hansen20 commented on hansen20's status
hansen20, and KeeLolo commented on hansen20's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy