postpartum question
what was your first period like after delivering and how long did it take to come? i am 5 weeks postpartum and dh and i sorta only waited 3... however, in the heat of the moment we forgot how these days we need to use protection and so... then two days ago i spotted lightly, brownish blood then it stopped. also, the day after and the next (after the unprotected sex) i was getting ew cm. possibly just some extra spotting from the birth or implantation or irregular period or what?! could be any of the 3 i suppose... just want to know if it sounds like ive got another bun cooking lol which would be fantastic. ok heres the sequence of events again:
3 weeks postpartum, unprotected sex
day after ^ ew cm
another day of ew cm
nothing for a couple weeks
2 days ago- light brownish spotting
today nothing, wondering if i should test?!
ahhh guys please help me out!
has anyone here ever concieved right after having a baby? if so, how did your body handle it? did you get spotting? any early symptoms? i am still on prenatals and not breastfeeding
thanks!
It took around 9-10w for my first true postpartum period and I didn't BF. unfortunately there's no way to know until you test.

And yes, you should test. :)  we now only use the contraceptive foam (which has a high fail rate sometimes) and are just going w/the whatever happens happens mentality. :)
It took me a good 8 or 9 weks after my first daughter and about 4 after my second to start .

I think you should test for sure. You will wind up driving yourself nuts if you don't.
I hope you get the answer you're hoping for!!!!

My hubby and I are TTC again now so to everyone...Good luck and my prayers are with you!!
with all 3 of my babies, I got my first period within 5-7 weeks postpartum and the first one was quite heavy! it definitely sounds like it is possible you could be pregnant, although everyones body and cycle is a little different after baby! I think you should test and if it's Neg test again in like a week! I have never gotten pregnant that soon after a baby, but I have always gone right back on some sort of BC. I did get pregnant within a few weeks of my MC I had at 12 weeks, I got pregnant again within a month of the MC. My SIL found out she was pregnant with 2 of her kids at her 6-8 week postpartum check ups! Good luck!