Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
postpartum question

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

postpartum question

what was your first period like after delivering and how long did it take to come? i am 5 weeks postpartum and dh and i sorta only waited 3... however, in the heat of the moment we forgot how these days we need to use protection and so... then two days ago i spotted lightly, brownish blood then it stopped. also, the day after and the next (after the unprotected sex) i was getting ew cm. possibly just some extra spotting from the birth or implantation or irregular period or what?! could be any of the 3 i suppose... just want to know if it sounds like ive got another bun cooking lol which would be fantastic. ok heres the sequence of events again:
3 weeks postpartum, unprotected sex
day after ^ ew cm
another day of ew cm
nothing for a couple weeks
2 days ago- light brownish spotting
today nothing, wondering if i should test?!
ahhh guys please help me out!
has anyone here ever concieved right after having a baby? if so, how did your body handle it? did you get spotting? any early symptoms? i am still on prenatals and not breastfeeding
thanks!
It took around 9-10w for my first true postpartum period and I didn't BF. unfortunately there's no way to know until you test.

And yes, you should test. :)  we now only use the contraceptive foam (which has a high fail rate sometimes) and are just going w/the whatever happens happens mentality. :)
It took me a good 8 or 9 weks after my first daughter and about 4 after my second to start .

I think you should test for sure. You will wind up driving yourself nuts if you don't.
I hope you get the answer you're hoping for!!!!

My hubby and I are TTC again now so to everyone...Good luck and my prayers are with you!!
with all 3 of my babies, I got my first period within 5-7 weeks postpartum and the first one was quite heavy! it definitely sounds like it is possible you could be pregnant, although everyones body and cycle is a little different after baby! I think you should test and if it's Neg test again in like a week! I have never gotten pregnant that soon after a baby, but I have always gone right back on some sort of BC. I did get pregnant within a few weeks of my MC I had at 12 weeks, I got pregnant again within a month of the MC. My SIL found out she was pregnant with 2 of her kids at her 6-8 week postpartum check ups! Good luck!
KTowne commented on veronica0808's status
10 mins ago
KTowne, and hansen20 commented on KTowne's status
11 mins ago
KTowne, hansen20, Hollus, and Shannon79 commented on KTowne's status
12 mins ago
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy