pre term labor or am i going crazy???
hello ladies, i have a quick question. the 1st week in october i was hospitalized b/c the dr said i was contracting... i got 2 shots to stop it and my cervix was closed which was a great thing.. they said it was probably due to not enough fluids*water* or not peeing enough..  ok when i was in the hospital i never felt the contractions i knew i was contracting b/c the nurse said when the sonagram looks like an round line thats a contraction... ok they say when you contract your stomach gets hard, my question is am i going through pre-term labor?

reason why i asked is b/c my stomach gets hard but still able to push on it. it gets hard when i have to tinkle, when i wake up in the middle after i tinkle.. and while at work right now it got a little hard.. my next ob appt is thursday. i just wanted to know should i be concerned or is this normal or is this braxton hicks contractions i read abt?

oh im 6months and/or 24wks :)
I would say they are braxton hicks, especially if there is no pain they  typically feel like tightenings, but in saying this,b/h can get painful in the last trimester and often get confused with early labour pains, but if you are in any doubt go to your hospital again just to be on the safe side
Most likely your stomach is just getting hard because the baby has it's back turned to your stomach. I was wondering the same thing, and that's the answer I got!
it is probably braxton hicks.. i had these from week 20...  my stomach would get hard for a tiny bit then loosen up.. they describe them as tightenings..

You should be concerned if the tightenings are combined with cramping pains.....  or if you are having more than 4 in an hour... then you would want to get reevaluated.  If you have a couple in a row, drink a glass of water or two, empty your bladder and lay on your left side.. if they are BH then chances are they will stop.. if they are real contractions, they will continue, get more intense, and increase in frequency..

do your best not to stress..

Ok thank you ladies, I will keep all that in mind... If I feel it gets worse then I'll go the er just to be on the safe side