Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
pregnancy and ovarian cyst

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

pregnancy and ovarian cyst

ok so i have been in pain for weeks went to the ER after 4 days of being in pain and they said i had an cyst on my left ovary. i have also been feeling pregnant and have every symptom of pregnancy but every test has come back negative can having a cyst make you feel pregnant? or cause false negatives on pregnancy test?  my lmp was the end of may. i have had spotting for 2 days and thats it.
Kind of the same thing happened to me.  I went to the ER with severe cramping and heavy bleeding. They found a cyst on my left ovary, initially though that was causing the pain.  My cycles were way off, was like 3 weeks late for my period but I was also off the pill and trying to conceive.  Then they did a pregnancy test and it came back positive.  They then checked my hcg levels (pregnancy horomone) and it was like 350.  They couldn't see anyting on the u/s, so they said it's either too early to see anything or I'm miscarrying.  Anyways, a friend of mine told me how her sister had a pregnancy test that was positive and turned out to be a cyst (a big one) which caused a false positive.  I talked to the doctor about that and he said my cyst isn't what caused it and that I am (was) indeed pregnant.  I ended up passing the fetal tissue a few days later.  So, my thinking is that maybe the cyst is causing your body to think your pregnant but your not. Did they do a blood test to check for pregnancy?? If they didn't I would request that and ask them to check your hcg levels.  Anything over 5 is pregnant.  I hope you aren't miscarrying, but then again you really don't know for sure if you are pregnant.  I would google cysts and false pregnancy and see what you find about it.  Best of luck to you.
yes they did a blood test and that was negative too but i have a birth control that i read can mess that up too. when i had my first child i didn't find out until 3months with test. so i didn't know if it could be a combo everything. sry i forgot to put that too but thanks for the help! very much appreciated
hansen20, and cowgirlup249 commented on cowgirlup249's status
cowgirlup249 Took a HPT today all 3 came... Comment
OctoberMommy2014 is in shock, but it's offic... Comment
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy