Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
pregnancy and ovarian cyst

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

pregnancy and ovarian cyst

ok so i have been in pain for weeks went to the ER after 4 days of being in pain and they said i had an cyst on my left ovary. i have also been feeling pregnant and have every symptom of pregnancy but every test has come back negative can having a cyst make you feel pregnant? or cause false negatives on pregnancy test?  my lmp was the end of may. i have had spotting for 2 days and thats it.
Kind of the same thing happened to me.  I went to the ER with severe cramping and heavy bleeding. They found a cyst on my left ovary, initially though that was causing the pain.  My cycles were way off, was like 3 weeks late for my period but I was also off the pill and trying to conceive.  Then they did a pregnancy test and it came back positive.  They then checked my hcg levels (pregnancy horomone) and it was like 350.  They couldn't see anyting on the u/s, so they said it's either too early to see anything or I'm miscarrying.  Anyways, a friend of mine told me how her sister had a pregnancy test that was positive and turned out to be a cyst (a big one) which caused a false positive.  I talked to the doctor about that and he said my cyst isn't what caused it and that I am (was) indeed pregnant.  I ended up passing the fetal tissue a few days later.  So, my thinking is that maybe the cyst is causing your body to think your pregnant but your not. Did they do a blood test to check for pregnancy?? If they didn't I would request that and ask them to check your hcg levels.  Anything over 5 is pregnant.  I hope you aren't miscarrying, but then again you really don't know for sure if you are pregnant.  I would google cysts and false pregnancy and see what you find about it.  Best of luck to you.
yes they did a blood test and that was negative too but i have a birth control that i read can mess that up too. when i had my first child i didn't find out until 3months with test. so i didn't know if it could be a combo everything. sry i forgot to put that too but thanks for the help! very much appreciated
KTowne commented on hansen20's status
hansen20 24 weeks and have to go do ... Comment
KeeLolo commented on photo
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy