pregnancy and really fast pulse
Hey everyone, I'm new to this community and have a question. I'm 8 weeks pregnant and for the last few weeks I have been experiencing some fast heart rate. I could be doing absolutely nothing, and out of no where my heart will beat so fast and hard, it feels like it's about to jump out my chest. today it seems worse, Not only has it been happening all day, but, earlier my chest felt funny. It didn't really hurt per say, However I felt a lot of pressure on my right side chest area. is this normal in pregnancy? if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated I dont see the doc for a couple more weeks since he is out of town. when I last saw my doc he noticed my heart rate was very high, but thought it was because I walked up to his office, and after that I've noticed my heart beating fast all the time. It's almost like I'm extremely excited ALL the time. Help please!! Thanx!!
Have you measured your heart rate when this happens?  How high is it?

This is something that warrants a call to your doctors office.  If there someone else that can see you while your own doctor is away?  You may need a to be monitored with a holter monitor - this is a portable device that records all your hearts rhythms over a period of time and allows the doctor to see if your heart if beating in an abnormal way over the time frame.  

Blood flow increases during pregnancy which can result in increased heart rate and many people report noticing palpitations during this time.  That said, its very important you let your doctors office know so they can run the appropriate tests if they feel it necessary.
WOW!!! that was hella fast..... :) Thank you soo much. right now my pulse is at 102... is this seriously bad? would I need to call the doctor emergency line? or can I wait and call my doctor tomorrow? I think my doctor comes back in tomorrow.
Im not a doctor but 102 isnt dangerously high at all.  From what I have read, its pretty normal for HR to increase up to about 100 BPM during pregnancy.  If your heart starts beating significantly faster than that though (when you are at rest) that would be a good reason to call the doctor emergency line.

Certainly call the office tomorrow just to let the know what is going on.  If you can, try and keep a record of when this happens, how long it happens for etc.
okay great thank you soo much. You have been very helpful!! I appreciate it!