prolapse uterus in pregnancy
hello dr.brown.my friend is 16wk5d pregnant.and she is very scared as from 8wk onwards,she is having problem of prolapsed uterus.its not complete prolapse.uterus is coming down by upto 4cm from vagina.its her first pregnancy and she really wants that child.so plz help.............whats the prognosis of child.should she continue it or terminate.her OBS do packing in front of uterus.and also advised about ring pessary,but also warn about ulcrers due to it. WHAT DO U SUGGEST.PLZ HELP..............
There is no doctor on this forum...you are getting advice from other women.

Here is an article:

Prolapse Treatment Options
The treatment options vary depending on the severity of the prolapse.

"If the prolapse is deemed as mild, usually the woman's practitioner will treat the woman with pelvic floor exercises [like Kegels]," says Collins. "There are pelvic floor exercises used solely to assist a woman in this as well. A practitioner may also recommend physical therapy with or without behavior modification. For women who have a moderate prolapse, a pessary may be used. A pessary is a device that the woman inserts into her vagina that essentially 'holds' the uterus up in place. This is an option for women who do not want surgery or are not good surgical candidates. If the prolapse is severe, as in the case of a protrusion from the vagina, then surgery is the preferred option." Even with surgery, Collins says as many as 30 percent of women can have a recurrence of the prolapse.

I've also read that some women need to be on bed rest and have c-section delivery.
Thnx for this information.but im afraid about the child"s prognosis.wether we continue or terminate the pregnancy???
The baby is fine...it is your friend's uterus that is the problem...nothing wrong with baby!

Continue the pregnancy like normal...Your friend might have to rest etc. to keep her uterus from stretching down further but baby should be fine.  If prolapse is bad, they can put something up there to help support it with the weight of the baby.