ptsd
My husband suffers ptsd from 3iraq tours. He is sick but its a sick u can't see. This is our last baby and I feel alone. I always ask him how he is and if he needs anything. I'm trying but this is when I need him most. I'm 24 weeks along and he never asks how I feel, can I get I anything, rub my back, hold my tummy nothing. He did all of that with our other two and I wanted this to be special. I feel like I'm pregnant and alone. I'm on here all the time so I can be connected to ppl that understand. No family here and no friends. I know he needs me now too but it hurts to be forgotten about.
I no wt ur goin thru my patner is sufferin frm depression n this is baby num 3 i feel so alone were bearly talkin n es always out wiv friends e wosnt like this wiv other 2 i feel so alone to
I'm feeling alone but not cuz my husband is depressed...he thinks I got pregnant on purpose and didn't tell him. He wanted a baby just not right now and he was expecting a boy which its not. He has shown no interest in the baby moving or Dr appt. He told me being pregnant weirds him out and he doesn't really like little babies. He's also put off by breastfeeding and keeps telling me I look good but hopes I don't gain/keep too much weight (I'm a small person). It's very hard I wanted maternity pics and family photos and instead I stand in the bathroom mirrr with a o
*camera. Didn't mean to post. Lonely pregnancy is no fun this is 2nd time this has happened for me last time was easier we weren't married he just left. My husband says no more kids too so this is all I get.
Ah shelly thank god I'm not alone. This is number 3 for us too. He's home after wrk. Army and doesn't go out w friends but I feel like he's not him. I was diagnosed w bipolar 10 yrs ago and since I'm pregnant I'm not on any meds. I try not to be selfish but it seems he so is. I hate this feeling and I'm really not sure how long I can take being on the back burner. We've been married 8 yrs and I believe in sickness and in health and he is sick but so am I. How do u deal with the distance even when he's in the same room w you?
So sorry jwilliams. He goes to appts w me and says he is excited but w so much going on in his life I've been the last thing on his mind. He sd he's sorry he got sick but I feel I'm at fault for getting pregnant when he is sick.  
We split up last nw we meant to sortin things out bt es gone out i jus gt thru it dnt nw how u cud b sittin der cryin n e wudnt notice and e sleeps on couch men can b so selfish i riskd my health to av baby and e does this ow do u cope x
I commend both of you for sticking with them. I've dealt with depression myself and dated a marine for a while long history prior to him enlisting but I couldn't do it. He got deployed and I realized I couldn't wait not knowing even after so much. He came back more depressed and an alcoholic. I don't know that I could have helped him. Both of you stay strong for yourself and the baby.
He goes to therapy twice a week and is proactive in getting better. The only way I cope is hope. I never lose hope. He's trying so therefore I won't give up. He signed up for our family. I won't let his service be in vain
You took the words right out of my mouth. My husband suffers from ptsd as well he is USMC and after his last tour he came back sick. I know what youre going through I have no friends or family here and I feel alone also. I really wish I had some words of wisdom to help you but for us he only does better for a few days at a time and then goes right back to closed off. It's hard but we can manage it and I'm sure that when the baby gets here it will help some and keep you busy
Oorah! Or as we say hooah! Were strong women indeed. If anyone cam do this its a military wife. He asks sometimes why? Why did he sacrifice so much for no reason. I wish he was as proud of him as Iam of him. Oorahmommy please stay in touch w me I could really use an understanding ear as I'm sure u could too. I hope I'm the years to come all of this will ne for a reason. It has to be right? He's a good man and doesn't deserve what's happening to him. He was medavacted home in 2011. He is now facing a medical retirement due to other injuring besides the tbi and ptsd. He hit 12 ieds in his tank. If you survive 12 ieds there ia a bigger reason for being here on earth. Bless u and thank your husband. Even tho they don't get it they are heros.
Hooah to you :) I agree I wish they could see what we see and how accomplished they are and how proud they should be of everything they've done but it is a service members state of mind that no matter how much they do they could have done more. I know my husband thinks that way and its so heartbreaking to see the suffering he doesn't deserve. Wow that's a lot of ieds! No matter the reason he is home safe with you and one day it will all make more sense. Be strong for your family and god bless you I will stay in touch!
Thanx. Being we just had another blow up due to finances and his never ending spending. I'm struggling to make things clear to him and not have him just leave me.
I definitely hear you on that one! Worst money management ever I take his cards and cash away and give him allowance