raised lfts
Hi i am 35 weeks pregnant and have had problems with my blood pressure. Recently my LFTs have become abnormal. On the 01/09/09 my AST was 28 and ALT 52. It was then retested on 07/09 and AST was 163 and ALT 285 and then again today 12/09 AST 234 and ALT 418. All my blood results were normal and they scanned my liver and said all looked ok. What do these results mean? The hospital said they will retest me again in 1 week and see what is happening.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
I would ask your doctor about those results.
AST is an enzyme produced by the liver - higher than normal values can indicate an abnormal process is going on with the liver which is why your liver was scanned.  The doctor wants to monitor you to make sure things remain ok.

What type of BP readings have you been getting? Sometimes if you have chronically high BP during pregnancy your doctor may induce.
My BP has been between 90 and 106 (bottom figure) but over the past couple of weeks i have been on labetalol and my BP is now around 83.
I was induced in my last pregnancy at 37 weeks as my BP started staying above 100 even with the medication.  
I had raised LFTs in my last pregnancy but they just slowly crept up every week. This time they seem to have suddenly shot up over a matter of days.
I have just been worried as i'm not seeing anyone for another week and i don't know if it is dangerous for me or the baby if these suddenly go up again.