Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
red wine

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

red wine

I am 3 months pregnant with my 3Rd child. I have always heard that it is ok to drink red wine or wine during pregnancy. Is that true? If so, how often would I be able to drink it throughout my pregnancy?
I actually just asked my doc about that and he said just a bit. And I asked how much that was and he said once or twice a week but not.alot at once just a glass
Avatar n tn
Ok thanx
No.  Drinking alcohol during, and especially throughout pregnancy is not a good plan.  Sacrifice 9 months of wine for the lifetime your child could end up with problems as a result of it.
You are going to get alot of opinions on this topic. I would say ask your doctor and you do what you want. I don't think a doctor would ok something if it wasn't safe. But again its your body your choice.
my midwife said its a contraversial subject. most doctors will tell you to avoid alcohol all together, others will tell you 8 oz of wine a.week is the limit (basically 1 glass) but youll get varrying opinions. I drank wine I think a total of 3 times this pregnancy (one was a friends wedding that I was maid pf honor in) and my baby is fine but it did turn my stomach a bit each time.
I watch the show (I didn't know I was pregnant) alot, and all their babies ate always fine and these women drink more than wine, but every time they show this, they have a real doctor come on  and the doctor always says drinking AT ALL during pregnancy is the leading cause of mental retardation in America. (EVEN WINE). I'M not against any one who drinks wine during pregnancy, and I am by no means a doctor, but research may help your Delema
KTowne commented on photo
37 mins ago
hansen20 commented on photo
KTowne commented on photo
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy