Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
rogam

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

rogam

I had a rogam shot when I was 10wks pregnant because of a threatened misscarriage, im now almost 22wks will I need another shot or is it just once per pregnancy? My blood type is o negative
Probably at week 28 you'll need another one...possibly! Good luck!
You'll need another two, one at 28 weeks and then another at 32, then depending weather your baby is negative or positive blood group you may need another one. Also you will need another one if you have any sort of bleeding at any time.
Thank you. And Happy Holidays! :)
Thank you. And Happy Holidays! :)
This is so good to know. I am 9 weeks tomorrow and I found out that I aamO- as well. Never knew. And he mentioned this shot. What exactly is it can anyone tell me? I've been worried he said its rare that im even pregnant bbeingO- this is my first pregnancy. Maybe I should google O- bloodtype lol merry christmas everyone
Its not rare but not that common i must say.M also RH negative - B Negative my husband is O positive.

A little abt these shots-Rhogam shots are given to the mother when husband and wife are of different RH factor for ex if my husband was also negative blood type then i wd not need it but because he is positive so they wd give these shots to me during my pregnancy normally twice -one at weeks 28 and post delivery(in case baby is RH positive) ,they can give more than twice in case you have bleeding in between.

Now why this is given-It is given to the mother sothat mother's body does not develop antibodies against the baby in case baby's RH factor and mother's RH factor are different(In case mother is negative blood group and father is positive or vice versa then baby cud either be negative or positive and if baby RH factor is different from the mother then mother's body can treat it as alien to her body and can attack baby's cells)To avoid this theses shots are given sothat in case your body is developing antibodies then this wd not allow your body to do so.

You are in your first pregnancy so you are safe ,it rarely effects in first pregnancy but still you wd be given these shots for your next pregnancy.

i hope it helps.
Getting pregnant while being rh- isn't rare or uncommon at all...
Only when you have a baby, miscarry, or get an abortion and you don't get the shot, and your body creates the anti-bodies is it rare..
Just make sure you get the shot at 28 weeks and again when baby is born and you'll have absolutely no problems.
There are so many women that have no problems getting pregnant and carrying a baby that are rh-.
And here where I live in California, they give you the shot at 28 weeks and after the baby is born even if the father is rh- just to be sure.
carlynicholebaker6565 uploaded a new photo
1 hr ago
OctoberMommy2014, and Hollus commented on cowgirlup249's status
specialmom, and Hollus commented on Sheaby's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy