Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
severe rib pain in pregnancy

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

severe rib pain in pregnancy

i am thirty weeks pregnant twice this week i have woke with rib pain in my right side which within twenty minutes spreads all around my back and other side the pain is so severe i vomited and was nearly passing out it happened twice this week only subsideing after two solphadine pain killers which took an hour to even dull the pain went to hospital the first said blood pressure and stats were fine so it was inflamation (inflammation) of ribs from pregnancy is this correct and am i likely to suffer till term
defintely talk to your ob about this.. but i had severe rib pain in my lower right ribs around the 23 week mark that lasted for a month or two... it was positional (it was much more severe when i was sitting up or even standing at times= laying down in certain positions helped me)   i was scared that i would be in horrific pain as time went on.. but it gradually started getting better and now is completly gone!  I think its just the relaxing of the bones and ribs, which makes them spread out and change and hurt.. Watch to see if your pain is positional, or if its related to eating - sometimes gallbladder issues can cause pain in the right side radiating to the back and cause vomiting as well.. Good luck! : )
I am so sorry you are going throught this it sounds very painful.  As i've been told "anything goes when your pregnant" and in my experience its very true.
I would definitley talk to your doctor about it.  Good luck
KTowne Little man's name will be W... Comment
54 mins ago
Avatar n tn
kesby1212 commented on When You Need to Know...
KTowne commented on photo
Aug 29
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy