Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
sex at 37 weeks?

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

sex at 37 weeks?

Hi ladies. I'm 37w5d & on Tuesday I was 2.5cm dilated and 60% thinned out & my doctor could feel my baby boys head with her finger. Well, now my husband is completely freaked out about having sex. He thinks it will hurt the baby. Me on the other hand, I want sex. lol. Especially since I can't for weeks after. Is he right? Will sex hurt my baby? Or will be hopefully help labor come faster? I'm going crazy, lol. any help would be great!
Unless your doctor told you not to you're fine lol. I was already at 1 and doc could feel baby's head by 29 weeks and my husband and I still have sex. He's not going to hurt baby but it's a pretty common fear
Thank you! My doctor said to continue all regular activitys. Lol. I tired telling my hubby it's okay, but guys are so yeah. Lol
You're fine doing everything you've been doing as long as your Dr hasn't said otherwise.
And as long as YOURE comfortable and not hurting.
Oh atlest you are nearly 38 week and then your hubby is freaking out ... i am just 8 weeks and he is scared having sex with me. I always tell him what will you do when i will have a bump.oh these guys...
Yeah, sex dried up at 36 weeks but to be honest I didn't mind as I'm no exactly feeling sexy!
Mine freaked out the first few weeks also, but got over it till Tuesday. Lol. I deffinently don't feel sexy, I feel absolutely huge, but I still want to have a little fun, so I just block it out. lol.
Ladies above are right- unless otherwise advised not to.. keep it going! Haha, its normal to want sex during pregnancy, of course. But, men are more sensitive about it. We know our bodies and they dont. Sex this late in the pregnancy can help naturally induce labor. Tell your husband its FINE and to enjoy while he can, bc 6 weeks to a man is apparently like a lifetime.
So I  still 80 percent effaced and not dilated for 3 weeks now and dr will induce the 31 if baby hasn't come by then and I'm jut wondering will sex work to dilate if I am not dilated at all ???? Or do you have to be dilated for it to help progress???
I meant to post that in the forum so sorry
KTowne commented on hansen20's status
1 hr ago
hansen20 24 weeks and have to go do ... Comment
KeeLolo commented on photo
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy