shallow holes/divots in nails
Since I've become pregnant I have noticed these small shallow holes in my nails. Not in all of them, but in most. My nails resemble golf balls if they hit the light just right. I know this sounds odd. lol. But I can't find anything online about this. They are not white spots, ridges, none of that. Like I said, the texture resembles that of a golf ball. I have been taking my vitamins every day and I eat well. Has anyone else had this while they were pregnant. It's the weirdest thing.
That is strange. I've never heard of that but I got to assume you are deficient in some vitamin or mineral. Ask your OB to run bloodwork and see if you are low in any area
Ooo. That is strange. I too have never heard of this. I would definitely ask your doctor to check and see if they can figure out what the problem is.
I HAD THIS TOO!!!!! :)
i spoke to the midwife and she told me she'd never heard of it either but didnt think i was deficient in anything.
i had it all through the pregnancy and shortly after as my nails grew out it never happened again.
xxx
I'm not sure what it's from but I have it too. If you find out anything let us know!!! OH, and I'm not pregnant anymore, I had my baby girl four weeks ago, but the dents are still there.
Sometimes this can be caused from psoriasis. If you have psoriasis already, it would be fairly normal to get it on your nails at some point. I have a few dents, but mostly ridges that go the wrong way! And it's all due to psoriasis for me. The only thing that you can really do about it (until it grows out) is to use those 4 sided nail buffers and cover your nails with polish. Hope that helps! :)