Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
smoke during pregnancy

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

smoke during pregnancy

i work in a smoking environment theres no way to prevent it even though people dont smoke directlly in front of u always theres smoke everywhere (casino) can this be harmfull for my baby are the chances of something being wrong be as bad as if i smoked myself???
Second hand smoke is ALWAYS worse then doinq it yoursef. If youre around it a lot I would say yes there's a chance. I personally can't stand the smell of it and always leave the place or say somethinq if some1 is smokinq but like u said u can't prevent it . I wish u the best
2nd hand smoke is worse than if you were smoking yourself, as a smoker gets everything in the cigarette filtered, 2nd hand smoke isn't. i too cannot stand it when people just puff away in the street and then blow their smoke my way with no care or thought for anyone else. as to how you can rectify the situation, there's not a lot that can be done if is around you where you work, other than leaving your job.
Technically yes second hand is worse. I know a lot of women that smoke while pregnant as well as ones that were around it there entire pregnancy. All of those women had completely healthy babies with no complications.  I smoked and was around smoke my entire pregnancy with my first son. I was even told by the doctor the risks of quitting were higher then cutting down due to stress so i was told to cut back as much as possible and quit later if possible. My sister was also around second hand smoke her entire pregnancy with both of her boys and they came out healthy too. Of course smoke is obviously not the best thing in the world but if you are worried about risks to your baby, you should talk to the doctor. Maybe your doctor will have some suggestions for you. hope this helps.
I was around smoke my first pregnancy and my baby is and still is fine and she is 6 now.  I had two room mates that smoked in the house.  I wouldn't stress over it, I think the stress would be worse then the second hand smoke.  I am sure if you had the oppurtunity you would stay away from the smoke but sometimes you can't help it (I know there aren't a ton of jobs out there) so just do what you can and try to go out for air when you can.  You should be fine.
I agree with other posters - secondhand smoke is very serious. Thirdhand smoke is also a serious concern (where you can smell/inhale smoke off the smoker's body and clothing but aren't actually inhaling any smoke itself). Avoiding it if at all possible is very important.
thank you guys for your stories and opinions they really helped:)
Shannon79 commented on msdelight's status
25 mins ago
KTowne, Shannon79, and KeeLolo commented on renae176's status
27 mins ago
Marlann is ... freaking out Comment
1 hr ago
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy