soft uterus?
I googled it and can't find anything! I'm 37 weeks and was at the hospital last night due to back pain. The midwife checked me and said I was 1cm dilated and 75% effaced which is what I was at my 36 week check. She said she's very low and to be patient she would come soon. Then she felt my stomach and said my uterus was nice and soft. I have no idea what that means. Can anyone help?
It probably just means that your baby is getting ready to come if it was hard it'd probably be difficult for the baby to escape the uterus and come into to world if its soft i bet that means that your baby getting ready to come. makes sense to me you could always call her and ask.
That your body is ready and the baby will come soon. Congrats! :)
Thanks ladies! I hope she comes soon. I lost my mucus plug last Monday but the doctor had me on bed rest and no sex till today just because he wanted me to make it to 37 weeks. So now I'm going to work on getting her out lol. I've been walking allllll day! Not sure what else to try besides sex.
Other things you can try is nipple stimulation, running( if you can manage to even for a lol boy) and a hot shower(as hot as you can handle) running in your back.  All of these things have been told to me by my best friend who has been pregnant 4 times and used these things to get herself and others  into labor
a soft uterus means that it is a normal feeling pregnant uterus.. when you have a hard uterus, it means that you are contracting
When I had a preterm labour scare they checked my stomach and said it was soft. They are basically refering to how rigid the uterus muscles are in preparation for labour. If they checked you and your uterus was firm they would know the muscles are not relaxed and your baby may be making an appearance soon.
You baby is getting antibodies from you during the last couple of weeks so don't rush he/she too much :) it's tough world out here so you want LO to come when he/ she is ready.