some one please help me
I had my daughter by emergency c section on Sunday the 21st, the nursery took her and put her in the nicu, they bottle fed her, and my milk is not coming in, the pump isn't helping and the damn nurses keep giving get formula, and not helping me fix the problem, i feel like no one is listening to me and I'm not going to get to breast feed my daughter because its been several days and now I'm not even getting colostrum to come in and all they want to do is force me  to formula feed her! How do i make them stop giving her formula and how do i get my milk to come in?
This is my first baby so I'm not sure how to get it in but I'm pretty sure the nurses could get into trouble for what they're doing they are supposed to listen to what you want to do and I'm pretty sure if u call the hospital management and tell them I'm sure they will be happy to help. I'd be super pissed if I was you I plan to breast feed as well. Sorry I couldn't be of more help momma
Doctors can give you this med to help your milk come in. But I'm sorry you are going through this, they need to let you feed her as you wish and not take the easy way out!
Ok I had this same problem tell the next nurse you see that you want your floors charge nurse. Tell her that you need a lactation consultant in your room pronto that you had absolutely no intention of formula feeding your child. The lactation will help you get your milk in if they're worth anothing at all. they can not keep you from trying to nurse her. It's the healthiest food for her. My hospital swore that my son wouldn't make it and that i shouldn't take him out of the incubator thing but i did i felt that i had to try becuz we were already losing him. The minute he started latching my milk came in and he started gaining strength. why exactly did they put her in nicu?
i had an infection in my uterus and it flipped inside out during the c section, she had fluid in her lungs and could not breath, she needed iv anti biotics and oxygen. She was reliesed and we took her home, the night we got home we had to go to the emergency room, took her to the childrens hospital and they had to suction out her air ways, turns out the nurses (who forced formula) didn't suction her air ways properly at birth and she has malconium in her air ways and it had hardened and formed mucus plugs that were solid, they broke  suction tubes clearing her airways because they were so clogged. I was told if i had laid her on her back for even 10 minutes she could have suffocated. She is still very congested but once she could breath she latched on right away and has no problems eating now! My milk is in, and no more formula will ever be in my house! Thank you ladies for helping answer my question. Im not sure how to approach the first hospital to tell them they almost killed my daughter by not properly checking her airways. but i will be ding a formal complaint about the nurses giving formula after i specifically said not to multiple times!
Id be surprised if you couldn't sue the crap out of them for sending you home with a baby who would have just died if you didn't have the sense to take her back to the hospital!  Those a holes almost killed your baby and that is complete crap!  The nurses that suctioned your babys lungs should never be allowed to touch a baby ever again!!!  I would be terrified if I heard a story like that from the hospital I'm giving birth at!  You can do something write a letter to a lawyer explaining the situation!  I would be posting bad feedback on the hospitals website your doctors page whatever to get the word out
Sometimes you just can't produce milk and pump aren't very good because when the baby latches on the way they suck will massage your milk ducts and encourage your body to produce milk. I'm really sorry you're having trouble
Wow I can't believe those idiot nurses!!! I am so glad to hear everything is good now but I agree wit above... U can probly sue them they almost killed ur baby and they shouldn't be allowed to touch another!!! Good luck hun
sue their a.s.s.e.s!!!!!!!!!!! >:( that is terrible!
im glad your baby is now okay :(
blessings to you and your baby !!
best wishes xx
Thank you guys  i got in contact with a lawyer and he is going to take my case and not charge me! Brooklyn is still doing good now, im still a bit to paranoid to sleep, but luckily im getting regular naps when my hubby isn't working!
Glad to hear she is doing well. I shook my head in disbelief as I read the further posts! I cant believe that slid past any nurse or doctor.