sonogram question
Morning ladies!  I have to go in on Wednesday to have a sonogram to check for ovarian cysts/endometriosis (I've been having really irregular periods, spotting between periods, and cramping about 3-4 weeks out of my cycle...yuck!)  On Wednesday, I'll be 10 dpo...if I am pregnant, is there anything the tech would be able to see on the screen? I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be a sac or anything yet, but are there any other signs they might be able to pick up?  
I have to have s sonogram soon as well, and my doctor said he doesn't do them in the luteal phase just in case someone is pregnant.  He waits until day 10 of a ladies cycle.  Maybe that's just my doctor though.  Not sure if anything would be scene at only 10 DPO. Good luck!
Did your doctor say why he wouldn't do them in the luteal phase?  It wouldn't harm the embryo if there is one, would it?  Isn't the sonogram I'm having just like ones that women have when they are pregnant?
I'm not sure why he said that.  Hmm. . . Maybe he said he always does them on day 10 as to not mess with the ovulation.  Maybe that's it.  As you can see. . . I'm a little confused here.  Question for you. . . If you do have endometriosis, would that show up on a sonogram?  I thought laproscopy was needed for that, but I'm hoping that would be evident on the sonogram. . . One less test to do afterall!
I'm not sure...I think it depends on how bad it is...I've googled it and found some conflicting stuff.  She did say though that if everything on the sonogram came back fine, that they would probably do a laproscopy.  I think that was to check for tube blockage though.  We've only been ttc for about 6 months now, but with my cycle being all screwed up and since my insurance pays 100% for fertility testing (not as high for treatments unfortunately) that she can go ahead and do tests earlier than she usually would.
Good luck to you, and I Hope you get good results. :-D