Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
spotting after first obgyn appointment?

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

spotting after first obgyn appointment?

yesterday i went with my friend to her first OBGYN appointment and we got to see the baby and they did a pap smear and  everything. but after she got home she noticed she was spotting some (it didnt last long at all). is this normal to spot after this i go for my first appointment today and im scared that this will happen to me and ill loose the baby.
hey,
this is absolutely normal! no need to be concerned. the doctor should have said that to you...mine did and does. he even said it when he did paps before i was pregnant. they scratch tissue to get a sample and when you're pregnant that tissue is just more sensitive. its just a little scratch and will do no harm to the baby as he isn't taking samples that high into things.
i would suggest discussing your concerns before your pap at your appointment so that you are too 'tight' for your smear, as this will probably not help things. so if you're still worried absolutely talk to the doctor. i'm sure he or she will do their best to reassure you that a little bleeding is normal. : )
thank you that makes me feel better. but i never bled before when i had previous pap smears.
i am suprised the doctor did not tell her she might spot after that.  when you are pregnant, extra blood is circulating and it is very easy to frustrate a blood vessel down there and spot.  it is totally normal.
hansen20 24 weeks and have to go do ... Comment
1 hr ago
KeeLolo commented on photo
1 hr ago
Shannon79 commented on photo
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy