Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
swine flu vaccination in early pregnancy

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

hi all i just receved a letter to go get the vacine but wanted to know what others thought about it in early pregancy im only 6 weeks i thought it would be better to wait till after 12 weeks when did you get it if you did thanks for you help
i had mine at nine weeks i believe! I have had an ultrasound sence and everything seems fine!!
I had mine at 6 weeks.
i havent gotten it, nor am i pregnant yet still TTC but i have a 14month old and i havent even gotten it for him. My opinion on it is not good, i think its to risky to get because they do not know the long term effects on this shot. I dont feel comfortable about not knowing what could happen 10months or a year down the road. But like i said thats my opinion,
thinks for you answers i have a lot to think about
Neasyc you deserve to hear both sidesmon whether or not to get the shot. I personally am anti vaccines especially flu shots. People are having adverse reactions from them and some so far are doing fine. If you click the word forums at the top of the page there is a section under one of the links... Just scroll down til you see
the title
immunization& vaccinations and in there you will
see a post on the h1n1 shot reaction. Best of luck in ur choice and just so you know.. The h1n1 flu isnt as bad as the seasonal flu just so you know. It was very hyped up.
hey just a heads up to beware, people get really heated around here about this lol
in the end its only your decision ..i dont think getting it early in pregnancy or later makes a difference tho if u were to get it
i got mine at 16 weeks tho...our supply over here has been short or i would have gotten it sooner...i have super bad asthma so if i get any kind of flu i will end up in the hospital, thats why i chose to get it.
I didn't get mine and I'm not sure if I regret it or not...as some of my friends on MH know, I had the flu this past week and weekend....and my doctor is 90% sure it was h1n1. They didn't test (of course you were right penggal, LOL) but because of my high fever and vomiting/diarrhea (which is MUCH more prevalent in h1n1 than seasonal) they think that's what I had. I was sick as a dog for a few days and had to take anti-nausea medicine to keep fluids in me, but the biggest problem I have is in trying to recover now that I'm getting better....I'm weak as sh!t. My 14-month-old daughter most likely caught it too, but her symptoms were minimal with coughing and a 100.0* fever being her biggest obstacles.

Do I wish I had gotten the shot? kinda, but not really.
Am I glad I don't have the face the uncertainty of the risks possibly associated with the vaccines? Very.

The decision was kind of taken out of my hands and I guess I'm relieved about that.....but the sickness REALLY kicked my butt and if you want to avoid being down and out of commission for a week and are comfortable with the vaccine, GET IT. If you're not comfortable with the vaccine....hard to say what advice to give. Lots of orange juice I guess, LOL. :) Yeah like Sunkissed said I don't think it matters when during your pregnancy you get it...I've heard of women getting it near the end so that their baby's immunity will extend up until the point when they're able to get a shot of their own. (I think the newborn has immunities for up to 6 months after birth, yes? And 6 months is when babies can receive a flu shot...not sure how it all works out scientifically, but I've heard of women working off of that theory and it makes sense. )
Good luck with your decision :)
haha im not going to say much but to look at some of my journals. do your research good luck the effects could be long term not just right after the vaccine is injected so just cause people say they are fine, that doesnt mean anything long term. good luck and thanks giving to all!
LOL peng!!! Love ya girl. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family xoxo
MUAH!!!!XOXOXOXXO
I got mine at 5 weeks - and also got the regular flu.  My 5 year old got both shots also.  We both had no side effects - and got the ones that were preservative free.
um, effects dont show up the next day, it could be a month, it could be a yr or 5 yrs.
you never know with these things.  when i was a child, i have never gotten a flu shot, and you know what i have not gotten sick in the past 8 yrs i believe. since i was like 12 yrs old.  no i dont sit at home bc of the flu, i have worked been at school, at the mall, and have never gotten sick.  do your own research, dont ask ppl about it, some ppl will do WHATEVER a doctor tells to do regardless of what the effects are.
still have not made a decision but i did ring and say i did not want it before 12 anyway so that gives me some thinking time my BIL girlfriend has just got her at 26 weeks and is happy with her decision but im not so sure i cant even take to her about it as no one but my husband and kids know we are pregnant yet
I'm the same as you Julian... It has been over 10 years since I've had the flu myself and have never had the flu shot or ever will. There's something in those shots that make people more prone to the flu and the immune system is compremized because of it and not to mention what other health problems one develops down the road. It will and does change you eventually sooner or later. just because your doctor thinks it is safe doesnt mean squat. How many people have died from prescription meds that have been prescribed by their doctor and then recalled? but hey if your doctor says its safe then its gotta be lol
oh and another thing - there are ppl who get reactions and long ones soon after the shot, within mins and hours.
got mine about a week ago. im 17 weeks right now. so far so good, not the first flu shot ive gotten, my kids have always had them also. i say its your opinion, just dont base it on what anyone else (including me) says... if you are curious about it- read read read! personally i am all for vaccines and immunizations, think theyre the greatest thing a doc can do for you. i have friends who pray for me on a regular basis lol, but! everyone has an opinion!
hansen20 commented on KeeLolo's status
1 hr ago
KTowne commented on melimeli's status
KeeLolo commented on photo
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy