Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
tension headache during 2nd trimester, anyone??

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

So for a week already I've been having tension headaches, off and on, all the time! I'm 18w3d as of today (and tomorrow I'll be going to my monthly visit to the doctor) and it is driving me crazy! Tylenol doesn't work (bought it, tried it and nothing!). I definitely know it's not due to high blood pressure since mine is ok. It's not diabetes either since you only get headaches when you have diabetes if your sugar is low (which means that if I eat a candy the headache would disappear, but it doesn't) and also I got my blood checked 4 months ago and it was fine too. Plus the "pain" is different. This headache is definitely a tension one, I don't know if it was brought cause of the pregnancy hormones or the stress. (btw I posted this on the March 10 babies forum and got good answers from the kind ladies over there but I need more advice :-). So my question is: is this kind of headache normal during the 2nd trimester? if so, what tips do you have to make it disappear?
Thank you :-D
Im 22 weeks and been suffering bad headaches for some weeks now.my midwife has said to drink more fluids.and try to take regular naps. its most likely due to those hormones.
I had severe headaches (only during second trimester).  Went to the doc as Tylenol wasn't helping and he sent me to physio.  Learned that 2 discs were out slightly causing the pain.  He adjusted everything and my headaches went away.  I too went for massages every month and kept my fluids up.  To be on the safe side I would check in with your doc as you never know.  I too thought it was just a tension headache but that was not the case.  Take care.
Oh wow because of the discs?That's something I haven't though about!!
Thank you all for your advice, I'll ask the doc tomorrow about it. Right now I'm going to drink some chamomile tea to get a little relax. Tylenol unfortunately doesn't do anything for me
Des92 my hospital has put me off.... Comment
5 mins ago
krichar commented on photo
37 mins ago
Belle313 commented on photo
53 mins ago
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy