tightening anyone?
Hi ladies...I dont know what this is but there are points in time where my stomach gets so hard and tight it doesnt hurt it is just so umcomfortable. I dont know if that is considered to be braxton hicks or what. I am 33 weeks pregnant today but this has been happening for a few weeks now.
I'm also 33 weeks (yesterday)!  If they're not hurting, I'd say you are having braxton hicks contractions.  I get them about 10 times a day.  It's a tightening up of your uterus, your muscles practicing for labor. Mine don't hurt either, but are uncomfortable.  When I'm having one, my stomach looks like I have a big ball on the right side and a smaller one on my left and very, very hard.  and it feels like the uncomfortableness comes from the "balls" pushing out and stretching my skin.  They pass within 20 seconds or so.  It's supposed to happen mostly when you're on your feet and active and you're supposed to drink 3 glasses of water fast and lay down on your left side (so says my nurse!).
i am almost 34 weeks. I have been on bedrest for 7 weeks now. I get them all the time, first they just happened when i stood up, but now they are all the time laying down or standing up. Sometimes it last a few minutes my cervix is low and soft and the Dr said i can't go by the rule if they happen more then 4 an hour so i just have to watch for them to get more painful or to have my show or water break
I am on bedrest also and it often happens when I am sitting down only a few times it has happened while I was standing up.

mommom2 - thats how my stomach looks too but my baby likes to sit on the right side anyways...people have noticed it several times they say the left side of my stomach is flat lol...well I am glad that they dont hurt. I think mine only last for a few seconds and that'st it.