too early to be nesting?
alright ladies...ill be 27 weeks tomorrow and for the past week i have been going crazy thinking and realizing how much cleaning needs to get done around here before the baby comes home....my son has been visiting his grandparents so i thought these past few weeks would be a great time to move things and clean up....

DF does not understand this....he is such a procrastinator and it drives me nuts....do men really not understand that we want clean homes to bring our babies home to? i just feel like he doesnt get it...he'll help for about an hour or 2 and then leave everything...to him tomorrow is another day....to me its not....its one day closer to bringing home this baby

one of my questions is: Is it too early to start nesting? when did you start nesting?
2nd question: is my fiance the only lump out there that doesnt understand why nesting is important to us women?

im feeling a little frustrated today about this
Nope its not too soon. I'm overwhelmed thinking of how soon this baby is really going to be here and how much stuff I have to get done before than. DH just realized to stay out of my way... if I want something done he'll do it but I can't really expect him to do it that exact moment. I know that he'll do whatever I ask within a reasonable amount of time but if I want something done that second than it is me that is probably going to be the one to do it.
not too early! i think my nesting is starting about now (31 wks). alls i did all weekend was organize every cabinet, drawer,closet etc and had my husband pulling weeds in the yard in like 100 degree weather (bless him!)

Haha jschoch8 I kinda had mine doing the same thing! We just moved into a new house and I decided that I wanted grass in the backyard so I had DH go out back and dig up the dirt, rack the gravel back into its place and plant seeds. Its like 113 here in Arizona but he realized that resistance was futile. Its now on day 8 of no grass popping up so I think im going to ask him to plant more and than just flood the backyard. Stupid heat.
I've been nesting (31weeks) but really not sure what's the point I still have no idea where I'm going to be bringing the baby home too. Were moving the end of July.
I think I've started to, but I dunno. I've been going crazy trying to get everything cleaned up and set up, so I don't know if I'm just antsy because it's my first, or what. DF just sits and watches me cause he knows if he gets in my way he'll get run over. :)
alaysha - its hard for me to do a lot of things around here because im high risk...he was at the doc with me when the doc said "i dont want you doing too much" ....my cervix has been holding at the shorter end but they say its stable for now....heavy lifting and strenuous activity can def change that...which is why i get frustrated that he's not around to help get this done

jschoch - i just feel like its too early to start nesting...i do remember with my son (6 years ago) that i slept a lot in the 3rd trimester and then the week before i had him i cleaned everything....everything!!!

brittny - i couldnt imagine having the nesting urge and not being able to fulfill it...id drive myself mad...i hope you figure things out soon...our lease is up aug 31 but we decided to renew after negotiating with the apt complex for one more year....i would be completely frustrated in your shoes
I did not nest until I was in labor and hadn't left for the hospital yet, LOL.  I think that during the second and early third trimester, you are feeling your best (well, hopefully) and it's normal to want to get organized.  I don't know if I would call it nesting, per se, but there are things that need to get done.  Certainly, doing a bunch of major cleaning at 31 weeks doesn't do much good, as it will just need to get cleaned many more times before baby arrives.  But getting things organized, etc can be done well ahead of delivery time.

Good luck and take it easy - - - you don't want that baby coming yet....
clysta - i wish i could get more done on my own....i have cleaned up as much as i can without overdoing it....it does get overwhelming that he doesnt help with the normal cleaning but sometimes im glad he doesnt because im a bit more a clean freak then him....i was just so worried that i was nesting early but at least i dont feel alone

grandmatobe - no, im not ready for baby yet....not even close...baby shower is aug 7 and even after that im not sure ill have everything i need for the baby....i just get frustrated because i feel like my fiance doesnt understand it...i want this place done....not in pieces and clutered...im ready to have it look like a home...i already told him in july that i want to steam clean and wipe everyting down...i want to relax in aug until the baby comes because i know that napping will be a distant memory once i have this baby...i just wish he understood this
It might just be a guy thing. DF doesn't seem to understand it either. He said there's still 11 weeks till she's born, and we have plenty of time. I just want to get everything done so we won't be rushing at the end. And I also don't want to be 35 weeks and trying to set everything up if I can do it now and be done.
exactly my point....i dont want to wait until im 36 weeks to start getting the stuff done around here....id rather relax and enjoy the ending of the preg because i know that napping and relaxing will be a thing in the past once this baby is here....i just wish DF would understand that

procrastination makes me crazy and this not one thing i want to be procrastinating....
I know just what you mean.
I started nesting at 32 weeks. I had my bag packed at 30 weeks.
I started nesting at 25 weeks. I believe it was my body's way of saying get going because I am now 31 weeks and on bedrest in the hospital until my twins get here. My water broke at 30 weeks. If your body is telling you to do it, do it.