Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
too small vagina for a normal birth... :(

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

OK now am 21weeks preg and I was wondering abt my delivery and am scared to death for a vaginal birth. I wish for vaginal birth but wen ever I see my vgina I wonder how will my baby get out frm there coz its toooo small....  I really have a small perineum. Am afraid of tearing. This is my first and  will I end up tearing????  
I am right there with you! I actually just posted about how I'm scared to death for this! I have no advice for you as I am also a ftm. Just thought id say you aren't the only one who is terrified of this!
You will be fine! Your body produces hormones to make things stretch and such! You can try periunum stretching. A water birth help soften things up! Just be prepared for tearing otherwise birth will be horrible for you because you'll be stressing on what could happened! Your body is made to have babies :)
I'm a ftm mom too... But Juss no our bodies were made to give birth! Nd not every girl tears..
Thnk uu......  Hoping tat  we will find answers too...
Thank uuu all....  Yep going to make up my scary mind...
My doctor decided that because of how small I am, my first baby would have to be csection. And my second, my little boy, will be as well. That may be something to consider
Hmmm thank u... Anyway hoping for the best...  
I had the same fear,  because I was small I meant I could burly have intercourse with my husband because I was small it was like my first mostly every time,   I was thinking it would be impossible lol ,   but it wasnt it was actually very  easy to push my bby out and I didnt tear or any problems,  and one of my docs thought I was gonna rip.      :)  thats wat they thought
I still cant wrap my head around that my vagina dilates to 10 cm I saw a diagram at the er and I was like wtf lol but it does idk how but the baby has to come out some how lol
The vagina is amazingly stretchy lol. I was told by my doctor and thought myself that I would never get my first out without tearing. He was 8lbs 9ozs and I didn't tear a bit, I wasn't even that sore afterwards either. I massaged and put warm wet washcloths on my perineum during my labor with both my kids and had a really easy time pushing them out. You'll be ok :)
I'm pretty sure that thought goes through every woman's mind lol
It isn't the size of the vagina that's the problem - they're VERY stretchy - it's the hip structure.  Some women's hip structure is too small (as mine is) to deliver a full term baby.  
katngary - vaginas don't dilate to 10 cm.  It's the cervical opening that dilates.  

So the uterus pulls and pulls the cervix apart,  until it's 10 cm dilated,  and then the mother can push the baby out.  The vagina is one big stretchy piece of elastic that stretches around the baby's head - but sometimes tears a little.  
Thank u all
Lol thanks rockyrose obviously im a ftm lol but ya I meant the cervix hahha but didnt come out that way
I'm only 20 weeks, but I'm concerned about having a c-section because my doctor said my pelvis is really small. So I hope the baby doesn't get too big. I know either type of delivery will be fine, but I don't want the recovery time with the c-section. Plus, my sister has had three c-sections and with this last one they told her she had a lot of scaring from the previous two. They said the adhesions may cause her problems later on in life.
You will probably tear but its no big deal mine did. They just sew you back up. I didnt feel it tear or them cut me bc of the pain from everything else. Babies were made to come out that way so no matter what you think, its not too small
Thanks everyone
hansen20 commented on KeeLolo's status
49 mins ago
KTowne commented on melimeli's status
KeeLolo commented on photo
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy