Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
turrets

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

turrets

I just posted something called dreaming when I thought I would go ahead and ask about this too.  Okay my mom has turrets syndrome..not the kind where she screams out cuss words but lots of little tics...it was much worse when she was little though.  I have never been diagnosed but have had some tics  and...like the need to keep things even.  Also I have some minor OCD type thing like everything needing to be in it's place but not like checking to see if the door is locked 50 times or anything pretty much just anal bout my house being clean and in order and all...anyways the past week or so these things are getting worse ...espscially the tics and keeping thing even.  If you are not familiar with these things this probably makes no sense to you at all but if anyone had an increase in this kind of thing or something similar while pregnant please tell me about it.
I don't know much about this, but I checked the internet and couldn't find anything.  I do know that as I said in my other post, that my anxiety increased greatly during my first pregnancy so its possible anything that has to do with mental function could be affected.  I also think that the added stress of your miscarriage and waiting for pregnancy results could be aggrevating your condition.  Hope that helps a little!
thanks...thats what I was kind of going on that it may be from the stress.  As I am not worried but VERY anxious to see a BFP.  I guess I should have gone to my yoga class today.  I will try to relax as i'm sure this isn't good for the baby if I am infact pregnant.  Thanks again
Do anything you need to do to relax.  Drink tea, read, take a bath, pray, try to bring that stress level down, and I will pray for God to relieve your anxiety.  I know how that can be.  While I don't have OCD, when my GAD was at its peak, I would obsess over things to the point of tears.  (Dumb things like should the DVDs be arranged by genre or alphabetically!)  If things weren't a certain way, I would be a wreck.  Now that I am using the medication to help control it (I also did some therepy and self talk strategies) I can't believe how much more relaxed I am.  I am able to see that the constant stress is not good for me and really not good when I am pregnant.  Talk to you later, I will check for your updates.
thanks....and good luck
Hello, I was just browsing and came across this. My (11) year old son has Tourettes Syndrome. He was diagnosed after I put him on medicine for his ADHD.  His tics were horrible, and the OCD disorder is completely normal.  Funny that you mention "checking the locks" after my son watched America's Most Wanted he would continuously check the locks throughout the night.  

Anyhow, answer to your question, I would "think" that the changes your body is going through definately would cause your disorder to magnify.  I am not a dr., but I do notice with my son, when he is going through any changes (school, home, emotional) his tics seem to worsen.  They will subside.  I would definately consult with your neurologist to see.  He was taking Abilify to help his tics during school.  Not sure if it's a drug you can take during pregnancy, but it helps with his OCD and the severity of his tics.  Hope this helps!!
Tuckamore commented on photo
13 mins ago
Des_a_rae commented on krichar's status
23 mins ago
dizzy_lizzy12345 uploaded a new photo
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy