unexpected twins
hi all,
I was wondering if anyone had ever had twins and been told there was only one. you see, I was 8 weeks when I had my first ultrasound where they saw a baby. I also have two other children. I'm really starting to wonder if they missed one, or if that's possible- i specifically asked the tech if there was only one and she said yes. I am about 16 weeks now, and I am already starting to get stretch marks on my belly- i am definitely larger this time around then with the other 2 kids. My mother was a twin, but her twin died in utero, my maternal grandmother was a twin, and so was my maternal great grandmother. I am the youngest in a long line of relatives and no one else in the extended family has had twins. but I swear my belly is getting too large for me to accept that all the extra belly is from eating. What do you think?
Definitely go and have another u/s done just to be sure!
hmm I dunno I started showing at the beginning of four months even though I'm overweight, and it turned out it's because the placenta was HUGE. They scheduled me for an ultrasound to see if it was twins because my belly WAS so big. You could always ask for another u/s but maybe your baby just has lots of nourishment like mine :D. When did you start showing with the other 2?