update...bleeding inside and underneath the amniotic sac
I have reached 12 weeks today and baby's still going strong. Big bleeds and bad pains don't always mean you're miscarrying...so try not to panic or jump to conclusions till your baby's been checked.
This is true! I had the same thing happen to me during my pregnancy and now my daughter is 13 months old!
Interesting because my hematoma is under my placenta and my placenta is low lying and as a result of my hematoma it may not allow my placenta to move up also your body goes through the inflamation stage when trying to dissolve a hematoma so it could cause your membranes to rupture or an infections which could go to the baby. I dont' want to scare you but when you bleed during a pg your chances of a m/c increase. I would talk to your dr again and monitor your bleed and make sure it dissolves etc. I wish you the best. I'm 15 wks tomorrow and have been bleeding for a month now! Good luck...

AP
Although it increases the chance of miscarrying it doesn't mean that you are though. Lets of people have subchorionic hemtomas and never even know it until they have an ultrasound. Others bleed profusely and then it just randomly stops. The majority of people I've seen with hematomas end up carrying to term.
Yes, because the majority of people with hematomas dissolve within the first trimester, when it continues into your second it becomes more problematic. Not necessarily the end of the world, but more of a concern.
Alysha I'm just going by what my dr's in Boston told me yesterday and for the past month. My hematoma and where it's located puts my pg at great risk. Everyone and their pgs are different! I personally could lose my baby as a result of the hematome I have. It's not dissolving it'g getting bigger and beginning to get in the way of my low lying placenta. Not gooe!
Alysha- Ps I have 3 kids and pg with my 4th I have been singing with the band for awhile!
the cause of my bleed cannot be anything to do with the placenta as it was spotted at 9 weeks and 5 days, when my baby didn't have one. I am aware that my chances of carrying to term depend entirely on the cause of the bleed, which it's too early to determine. i've had 2 major bleeds and was scanned after the first and had the heartbeat checked after the 2nd. the 2nd was dark brown and indicative of remnants from the frst bleed. my mummy's instinct says he'll make it, so fingers crossed. next scan thursday morning so i'll let you guys know how we're gettin on.