Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
vegan and pregnant

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

vegan and pregnant

Hey ladies I'm six weeks pregnant and been a vegan for the past five years... will my child develop right if I'm a vegan
You should speak to your doctor.. I believe I read somewhere that a vegan diet isnt good for a sustainable healthy pregnancy.. But you cant be the only one... I am not saying give up your diet but speak to your doctor about some small changes you may need to make... there is a section in what to expect when expecting about this but it seems to say you wont necessary need to give up your diet as long as you include enough protein serving .. having legumes, grains, seeds, and nuts daily... I know you will also want ot make sure you are including soy products in as well to get the complete picture
I do know that one of the b vitamins are only found in meat but probably part of your prenatals.  Just double check with your ob.
Yo have to make sure you are getting well rounded meals.
I'm not entirely sure on this one, but I'm fairly certain a strictly vegan diet is good for baby. You should talk with your ob about it and possibly get a nutritionist.
I have been a vegan for six months but since I am thinking I am pregnant I went off the vegan lifestyle. I do crave meat and I assumes it would be better for the baby. That is somethig you will want to ask your doctor though if you still want to continue it.
I meant NOT good. NOT!!

Consult your doctor.
def not good for your pregnancy or baby!!
I always thought it was ok since alot of the vitamins that are found in meat are also found in veggies. I would ask your OB what is best for you to do. Good Luck
Veggies don't have the fats and proteins meat does.
you would have to eat about 1kg of spinach/silverbeet to get the same amount of iron you would froma small steak, also iron from vegetable is much harder for your body to asorb, you would have to be on iron tablets and have a very well rounded diet with heaps of legumes, tofu etc, ifyour planning to stay vegan, I would strongly suggest talking to your doctor and if you still feel its the way you want to go a dietician would be a must so you could organise exactly what and how much of everything you would need to eat to sustain your pregnancy and so bub gets everything they need to grow healthy
specialmom commented on photo
Des92 my hospital has put me off.... Comment
krichar commented on photo
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy