Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
vegetarian

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

vegetarian

i am a vegetarian and im wondering if anyone out there can give me some good recipe ideas for when i do eventually get pregnant?  im not vegan but i do struggle to eat well.  any ideas?
I can't really give you any ideas but I can commisurate with you....I'm not vegetarian...but I am VERY picky...I don't eat a lot of meat...just chicken and turkey really...maybe bacon once in awhile...no red meat....not much pork.  So I do have a hard time eating healthy.  I will tell you though that I didn't really do anything special during my pregnancies and all my babies have been healthy.  I just made sure to take my prenatal vitamins all the time....if you aren't already it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and start taking them NOW.
Your baby really needs the protien from meat hun. I'm sorry to say.
I was boarderlinging vegitarian before I got prengnat with my daughter and I started to force myself to eat meats I couldn't before.
I knew it was best for my baby so I did what I had to.
And after 10 months of forcing myself to eat these meats, I've actually grown to like a few of them like steak and chicken for one.
There's still alot of meat I refuse to eat like mostly pork meats. But atleast I'm eating SOMETHING.
I'm pregnant again so I have to eat meats whether I like it or not.

I would honestly suggest throwing atleast SOMETHING into your diet that is meat such as chicken or something.
Human are natural carnivors and need meat. We weren't meant to live off of vegitables.
And our growing babies need it too.
went and spoke to the midwife yesterday and she said when she had her 2 she was a veggie and managed just fine.  she did say just to take my pre natal vitamins and try my hardest to eat the best i can,
Like I said, I am NOT a big meat eater....my 4 kids have turned out fine...they all like meat...no health problems, etc. They were all good size and healthy when born.  (except my first, but that was from iugr/lack of fluid/etc) Just make sure to include protein in your diet somehow and like you said take your prenatals.
Google "food containing protein" and the third site down, should have something with "vegs" in the website address, has a list of vegetarian foods containing protein. I don't know if you take supplemental vitamins, but prenatals will help. Your midwife was managed fine, as you said, I'm sure you will too!
thank you for all your advice and the google site was fantastic!
LovemyKids86 XF!!! Comment
KeeLolo, and KTowne commented on veronica0808's status
hansen20 commented on Baby Noah!!
Feb 09
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy