wasp sting in pregnancy
dear all.,.,
please any experience with this thing:
two days ago a wasp sting - a few centimeters above the elbow.
today morning (so some 40 hours later) my arm is swollen and also there is a red stain from wrist
to some 15 centi above the elbow.
i was not nervous as the wasp bite can be like that,... till i met a friend and i was told my child can get a sepsis from that.
is that true?
should i be worried or not?
my doctor is not picking the phone, probably on holiday...

thank you!
Anything is possible...  But I would defintally talk to your doctor because the red stain doesn't sound like anything that I have ever had or seen, and usually when something as minor as a wasp sing could do some different things while you're pregnant.  Just a side note, I'm not compleatly sure about this, but I know that sepsis is usually defined as an infection of the blood, and from what I have seen, I have never seen a red line form from the point of origin or travel the way you are describing, thus I would tend to think that it probably a little more minor, that sepsis.  But like I said anything is possible, I'm not a doctor, however I have seen alot of people who are septic... so I dunno...Just call your doctor and if your doc isn't answering, I would call the L&D part of the hospital, they might be able to either page your doctor or give you more insight on the issue.

Are you sure that it was a sing vs. a bite?  Did you see the stinger insdie of your arm (after it happend)?  Did you look at it or have someone else look at it to see if the stinger could still be inside?  Is it painfull to the touch?  Dose the affected area feel "hot" to the touch compaired to the rest of your body? All of those things are things you need to think about or know before calling your doc. because these are the types of questions they will ask you to try and figure out if it's an infection or what not.  I hope this helps a little bit... good luck
well, you are right!  no sting inside. so a bite only. well, i dont look like septic and i have never thought i am because of this. i am only afraid if that is true my baby inside me can be septic from this... and the red stain is not so RED, is just like some swollen common bite: a bit red, swollen, itchy, hurts only when i press on it... the thing is i am afraid because of the baby. otherwise i would never think about that and will wait till it goes away... hmm. thats it.

i have called to my GP anyway, and she sais it is ok and i need not to do anything, but... because of what my friend said to me... i am stressed and cant calm down.