water breaking during the full moon?
Ok ladies so I was wondering if I could have your input on going into labour or your water breaking durning the full moon?! Tonight is a full moon and I've been having ctx sence last night and today they were 15 mins apart n getting stronger! I was checked at l n d and I was 1 cm and really soft, what's the chance my water will break tonight lol ?! Any ideas?? Also I'm either 4 days overdue or like 38 weeks and a couple days!!!
5 births so far for me and a full moon has done diddly for mine :(
I don't believe that the moon does anything personally. (I think about things way too scientifically anyways) Lol
If it is any comfort. The nurses up at the hospital claim that they deliever more babies on a full moon than on an average night. My DH is a science teacher and told me that just like the full moon affects the tides by the gravitational pull it seems to have an affect pregnant women about to give birth. So they always gear up when a full moon is coming. Here are some things you can eat that are supposed to help. Oregano and basil are supposed to induce contractions, pinapple fresh is supposed to soften the cervics, and real herbal rasberrie leaf tea help with cervical ripening and contractions. Hope this is helpful.
Brandy
I agree with Brandy, My father is a nurse and said they always had more pregnant woman coming in on a full moon with their water having broke or starting labor. He said the hospital is always busier with a full moon. Usually the three days within a full moon. But if it doesnt, don't worry it will come when you least expect it! Have a good night and relax as much as you can!
There actually is a scientific reason behind the moon and women going into labor. Most of the time going into labor can happen right before the full moon or right after. My water broke with my most recent little one right after a full moon. My midwife actually got out her calendar and said, "There's a full moon in a couple of days so we'll see what happens in the next week!" LOL! And I did have my baby. I was 3 days overdue.

If the moon can control the tides I don't see why it can't have some bearing on a pregnant woman's body. However it won't be true for everyone. Most women do not go into labor because their water broke at home, though. For most it breaks while at the hospital whether on its own or artificially.