weight loss at 32 weeks
at my last doctor appointment i realized that i had lost about four pounds. the nurse said that it was common for women to lose weight at the end of their pregnancy. i still have 8 weeks to go. i would like to know if it is that common and why?
Here is a quote from a reliable source:

"It is also quite common to notice a cessation of weight gain, perhaps even a slight weight loss at the very end of pregnancy."

It doesnt mention why but things to consider might be change in metabolism, change in activity level, change in eating habits etc.  Its also possible that you didnt really lose that much.  For example, if  a different scale was used, the scale wasnt calibrated, there was a difference in time of day you were weighed/what you were wearing/had eaten recently etc.  that could cause a change of several pounds.

When I was pregnant I was always weighed on the same scale and was putting on about 4 Ibs/month. However, there was one occasion where I was weighed on a different scale and it showed no weight gain (home scale showed otherwise).  A month later, same old scale was used at the Dr's office and it showed an 8Ib gain!