Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
went from iud to depo shot...could i be pregnant?

A community of expecting mothers (18 to 24 Years Old) offering support through pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

In early may I changed my control from the iud (mirena) and the same day got my first depo shot ( me and my boyfriend had sex the next day). I've done the shot before years ago and stayed on my period the whole time...this time no period. I also have a lot of bloating and fatigue. Is it possible for me to be pregnant? Was there a window of opportunity for me to get pregnant when I switched my birth control?
no i don't think you are pregnant from being on depo, it's almost an impossibility to get pregnant on or after depo as i'm now experiencing 2 years after coming off of depo.  I know some ppl may have conceived while on it but i don't think it's likely.  
the same day you received your first depo shot....you had unprotected sex..so yes you could get pregnant.

and since your switched birth control...yes its still possible
hey i went through the same step that u took in august and i have the ddepo shot now since august and i feel like i am but i dnt know yet so yes it could be possible....
Hey i feel im in the same boat as you, i was on the mirena for 6months but in order for me to come off it i had to go straight on the depo so whilst i was changing over i to had unprotected intercourse. Im now off the depo and im on no birth control and having unprotected intercourse hoping to fall pregnant i havn't had my period in four months but had a light period twice in January 2010. I have symptoms of feeling pregnant but am still unsure whether i am or not. All tests came back negative in the first couple of months of missing it. Best advice i got was to go and get an ultra sound. I havnt done so yet but will be going to get one soon. Yes i know alot of people falling pregnant whilst on the depo or changing birth control and chances are you may be pregnant. Good luck to you.
I have switchd to depo from mirena iud and I was iud for 2 years and only been depo for two and half months my next shot is due Nov 25.. well my husband says he's ready for a baby.... how long would it take to pregnant if I don't take my next shot??? I was told a year!!!! Is that true!?
My doctor told me that the depo shot is the only birth control that does that so yes most likely it takes awhile to get pregnant after having the shot but I'm sure everyone's different.
No you cant it took me 3 years to get prego.after i got off depo but everones diffrent
Cant really say but most likely be 6months or a year you never no and you cant say when you'll get pregnant  its when god thinks your ready but give it time  let your body get used to the changes before you start trying and I'll pray for you :-)
hansen20 commented on Belle313's status
56 mins ago
Update
1 hr ago by retta483
Update
1 hr ago by retta483
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy