Pregnancy: Ages 18-24 Community
when after your period do u start counting for ovulation!

Join other expecting mothers 18 to 24 years old for support and guidance through your pregnancy and childbirth. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

yes i wanted to know when after or before or when do you start counting so u can know when your ovulation days are? I just ended my preiod (period) today or yesterday and started on the 16 heavy and brownish on the 19th of march!! can someone help me figure out my ovulation days plase please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   THANKS:-)
You can look online for ovulation calculators.
But I'm pretty sure it's somewhere around 14 days after your period ends.
You NEVER COUNT AFTER YOUR PERIOD. You count from the FIRST day of your period.

So currently you'd be about CD6. You should ovulate sometime around CD 14 which after that would put you at DPO's
Jessica, the first day of your new cycle is the first day of your period.

If you have a typical 28-day cycle then you will ovulate around CD14 or in this case 11 days after your period ended).

If you are irregular every woman ovulates 14 days BEFORE their next period. Your cycle is based on hormonal fluctuations. When you ovulate a chain of chemical reactions take place and unless you conceive you have your period within 14 days of ovulation because of those chemical changes.

Let me know if that makes sense and if you have any other questions. A GREAT book to read would be Understanding Your Fertility or Taking Charge of Your Fertility (I can't remember but it is one of those titles).

And yes, you are currently on CD6.
You will start counting from your first day of your period.  Ovulation will take place anywhere between day 13 and 16.  
Sasha80- that's correct for women with typical 28 day cycles. If a woman has longer or irregular cycles then ovulation will take place later.
about 14 days after your cycle starts if you have 28 day cycle.....well, as all of the others have said...LOL
My apologies for wording my reply wrong.
But caps are a bit juvenile.
Sorry if you read it wrong.
my period started on the 6th of may...so does that mean i start ovulating about the 20th of may?? xx
yes if you have regular 28 day cycle.If your cycle is longer it will be 14 days before your next period starts.So you need to find out roughly how long your cycle is.For ex my cycle is 39 days long so i mark it out on my calendar and i also joined a website called my monthly cycles and put in dates of my last 2 cycles start dates and every month they email me 3 days before my ovulation is due to start.Im ttc so its very helpful to me.Good luck !!
I want to make something clear. The numbers the women have given you are just a starting point. With this information you can use OPK to find out a couple of days before you will O BUT there is NO WAY of knowing when you ovulate without doing proper basal body temperature monitoring. I have regular cycles (regular is 27 days) that only change by a day (rarely two) and can ovulate anywhere between day 11 and 16! That is a wide range. Doing proper BBT charting is the best way to learn about your cycle and the only way to know when you ovulate.

Also, EVERY woman does NOT ovulate 14 days before their next cycle. This is a myth. The time between ovulation and the first day of your period, called the luteal phase, is different for every woman. Many have a 14 day LP but far from everyone does. For the most part, once you determine the length of YOUR luteal phase, you can feel confident that it will stay the same for you every cycle within a day. For women with irregular cycles, their LP stays the same but the length of time from day 1 of your period until the day of ovulation (folicular phase) changes. This is the area of the most flexibility. fertility friend ******* is the best way to chart and learn about your cycle. They have tutorials that teach you how to chart and interpret them and TONS of charts that you can look at. You can click my ticker to see the charting I have done here on medhelp. Good luck.
melimeli, KTowne, and hansen20 commented on veronica0808's status
1 hr ago
KTowne, and hansen20 commented on KTowne's status
KTowne commented on Belle313's status
Track your weight throughout your pregnancy
Pregnancy Tracker
Track your pregnancy