11th week blood clod bleeding - how much is too much?
Hello to the members of this forum. This is my first help question here.
My wife is 11weeks pregnant with twins from IVF (11 weeks 5 days and 11weeks 3 days to be precise) . She had one miscarriage last year from IUI at around 10 weeks.
Yesterday night, she woke up me to a nightmare with blood in the washroom. The tissue that came out was in pool of blood and we couldn't tell what it was - we were convinced that it was one of the twins. It was a devastating experience - coz she had a very similar discharge on her first missed miscarriage (after the doc gave her a pill to expel the dead fetus). So, we ran to the ER with the tissue collected in a box, praying and hoping that the other one is fine.

The OB/Gyn recommended an immediate ultrasound scan and thankfully, it turned out that both fetus are fine. It was just a blood clot - but it was huge - almost 4cms. So, the scan revealed that there is a little of it left near to one of the sacs. OB/Gyn doubled her daily dose of cyclogest ( she's already taking folic acid and baby asprin).

We came back from the hospital 18hours ago.. and she's been bleeding (very little - not even like half pad) since then. I thought I will ask this question here.. Is it ok if she bleeds like this for a day or two? How much is too much?

Thanks for your help in advance - I tried looking up a lot on web, but didn't get much. Hoping to hear from your experiences.
hi there im a mother of six and I also have a set of twins. Bleeding can be common in the first trimester if she notices a increase of blood heavy cramps or clots she will need to be seen . It would be best if she takes it easy and stays in bed til the blood decreases and no sexual intercourse until shes completly done bleeding.
thanks searra - very helpful. She is doing ok so far - no heavy cramps or clots.
Have her drink plenty of water this will help her alot with cramps and will help make sure she has plenty of fluids cleaning out the old blood.